Friends?

My breathing became heavier and heavier by the seconds. I didn't want to be here any longer than I wanted to be. I'm so scared right now..I glance down to my hands, which are shaking, and I sigh. I sat up from the couch I was laid on and went to stand up, until my legs suddenly became weak and I fell back to the couch once again. My legs felt like jelly and my heart began to beat faster and faster until my heart was beating at what seemed like 40 miles per hour. I put my hands on my mask and gripped it tightly. I wanted this feeling, this weary and tired feeling, to go away forever. I tried to stand again and I actually stood like I wanted to! I smiled and chuckled with amusement at myself. I walked slowly to the kitchen again and tried to keep myself leaning on the table for some support. I was hungry and I wasn't going to sit around and let them starve me until death. I got to the fridge and opened it as quietly as I could and I grabbed an apple. I leaned against the table again and made my way back to the couch, where they were letting me sleep, it seemed. I ate the apple like there was no tomorrow, taking quick and hard bites out of the red fruit. After I finished, I put it in a trash can that wasn't far from me and I laid on my back, now feeling tired. I went to scratch my neck, but felt something there. I gripped it and realized it was my hoodie string. I sighed with relief and threw away the thought that they put a shock collar on me. I heard a bang upstairs. I sat up and stared at the stairs with a look of horror and worry. Did I want to go see what it was? Was it a gun? Is someone hurt? Curiosity was eating away inside with all these questions stirring away in me. I got up off the couch and walked to the stairs to see a big pitbull dog. It wasn't huge but it was a good size, good enough to pin a person down and tear away their face. The dog instantly locked eyes with me and I locked eyes with it. It charged down the stairs towards me in a bloodthirsty manner and I screamed. Yes, like a girl, I screamed. It knocked me against a wall, making me tumble back down the stairs and now I was on the floor, holding my side from the impact. The dog had me pinned, just I expected it to. My mask was on the ground, it had been knocked off due  to the force of me hitting the wall. I looked up at it with teary and misty eyes and waited for it to tear and rip off my face. "RENA! HEEL, NOW!" a familiar voice yelled. The dog got off of me and heeled next to a person, as it was told to do. I looked up at the person's face and it was the bunny guy! I sat up and held my side as I put my mask back on before he saw my face, still scared of the dog and the person. "Are..you alright?" the guy asked. He held out his hand for me to help me up. I took his hand and stood up. "I-I guess I never really introduced myself to you..! I'm Ohmwrecker! But, you can call me Ohm!" he said sheepishly. I nodded and looked back at the dog beside him. She looked innocent now, but that was just a disguise to hide the violent side of her. "And you're Jonathan, right? You go by Jon though?" Ohm asked. I nodded and added, "Though, my sister called me 'Johnny-cakes'..bleh!" I said with disgust. I never really liked the nickname, but I had to live with it. Well, until now. "Sorry about Rena..! S-She gets protective and territorial around people she doesn't know.." spoke Ohm again. "It's okay! Actually, I have a pitbull myself...back at my old home!" I said innocently. Ohm snapped his fingers and the dog walked away, like nothing just happened. Ohm looked at me and tilted his head with curiosity. "Soo..when you ran away from us. I saw you put your hands to your side and swipe upwards..and then a water wall formed. Care to explain how you did that?" he asked. I rubbed my arm and exhaled. "Well, uh, you see...I was born with..with water powers and I only used it becau-" I was explaining, but Ohm covered my mouth with an awestruck smile. "Jon..you're ment to be here!! Everyone here has powers too!" he happily chirped. My eyes widened with surprise. I honestly thought I was the only one in ths world with powers. "Here! Allow me to prove it to you!" Ohm said. He backed away from me and whistled a little tune. Some bunnies, butterflies, and cats came straight to Ohm and some of the butterflies landed on Ohm like he was a flower. "Wow..that is so cool!" I exclaimed. He picked up a kitten and began to pet it gently. "My power is to talk and control any animal in the world, unless it is extinct.." he said with a smile. I happily giggled at the animals and him. Maybe he could be my friend..maybe everyone here! Maybe they could all be my friends..!