The Truth

As I sobbed and held onto Cartoonz like my life depended on it, I felt nothing but pure guilt and sorrow for what I did to the city..MY city. I looked up at our building and saw a big hole in the side of one of the walls, exposing Cartoonz' room to the open. I looked at it and felt nothing but more and more guilt. "Let's...just go home." I said softly, the words softer that the word soft itself. We began to walk back to our house as police began to drive this way to the scene.
(timeskip; nighttime..3:49 in the morning)
I woke up to a peculiar noise. I perked up from my bed, and got up to see who or what was making the sound. I grabbed a glowing light stick and shook it, making it glow bright enough for me to see down the dark hallways. I quietly walked down the carpeted hall and turned a corner to go downstairs and into the kitchen, to see if the noise came from there. I reached the bottom of the stairs and gently placed my little bare feet onto the tiled flooring. I shone the light stick around me to try and see if I could see anything or anybody. Nothing. The light began to fade from the stick, so I shook it again and got more light from it. Then, I caught a glance of him. My dad. My actual fucking dad. I never got down to the floor so fast before in my god damn life. He turned around right as I ducked down against a counter side. I turned the light off, lifted up my mask to make sure I wasn't hallucinating again, then put I back on over my face. I left the light on the floor, and made my way to another side of the counter to get a better look. When I got there, he was gone. I was so screwed. I got up onto my feet and grabbed the light again, turning it on to the softest light level. "crud..crud..crud crud crud." I said to myself, hoping he was no where around and that I was just hallucinating again. "Jonathan..?!" a voice said from behind me. I jumped and fell over the coffee table in the living room, and I broke the light as I fell backwards onto my back. And, WOW, did it hurt like hell. "Jonathan! Thank God your alright!" My dad said, pulling me into a tight hug and squeezing the air out of my lungs. I looked at the clock on the wall. It read 4:02 AM. My dad finally let me go, squatted down to my level, and put his hands firmly on my shoulders. "Jonathan. I'm very disappointed in you. Let alone pis-...angry at you." my dad spoke, looking at me with his cracked up mask and blue pinpricks. "I know.." I quietly responded back. "Do you know how petrified I was to find you missing from your bed the next morning when I awoke!? And your sister, oh my goodness, she was bawling with absolute sadness and fear whenever she saw you were gone! And the note you left behind..it broke my heart to read that you weren't happy there with us." my dad spoke, pulling me into a much more gentle hug. I felt my heart explode into a million tiny bits. "I was happy there dad..I just wanted some friends that I could remember and have fun with.." I said to him, hugging him back. "I just don't understand you, Jonathan. You..Your so much like your mother before she died. Why would you want to be friends with humans after everything they did to us..? After everything they did to me..after everything they did your beautiful little face..?" he said, still not letting me go. "Because I believe everyone and everything deserves a second chance. And, I know, they hurt all of us..but not all humans are evil dad. We just happened to live in an era infested with hatred." I spoke, loosening my grip on my dad. I felt him pause in the middle of his breathing, then continue to breathe again. "How did you even get here Jonathan..? What...humans..are you here with?" my dad asked, letting me go and standing up, and looking at the hanging pictures on the walls. "Oh! You won't believe this!! They are not humans!" I said enthusiastically. My dad widened his eyes..just a smidge. "Really? Then, what are they?" he asked. "They're like me!! They each have unique powers and abilities like me!" I chirped, standing up. "Oh..! Speaking of which, where is sis at?" I asked curiously. "Oh..she is at the house, waiting for me to come back." he answered, scratching the back of his head. "At home!?! How long have you been looking for me?!" I frantically asked, worried for my sisters health. "Do not panic Jonathan. I left about 4 days ago, but went back yesterday night to check on her and to get rest. She is doing just fine." my dad said, making me sigh with relief. "Delirious, what is goi--" a voice said, followed by steps coming down the stairs. But, they stopped as soon as they hit the last bottom step. "Delirious? W-Who is that....?!" Basically asked, readying his flame power. My dad calmly looked at Basically's fire lit hand stared at it as I explained the whole thing to him. "Oh..you sure he's safe..?" Basically asked cautiously, dying down his flame. "I promise." I said blankly, but with a smile. Basically put his bare dark skinned feet on the cold tiled floor and walked over to us. "Who is Delirious?" My dad asked, slowly looking at me. "Oh! A-heh! That's my nickname for the guys!" I explained. "Hello.." Basically squeaked softly. "Hello. Your Basically, correct?" my dad said blankly, looking at my friend with his masked face. "Y-Yes." Basically squeaked again. "The name is Jason. Jason Voorhees. And I'm Jonathan's father." he spoke.