Chapter One: The Prophecy

Hello! This is my first story, and I am super excited to share it with you.  I will try to post once a week, but if I can't, please cut me some slack.  All the events after the accident that happens to Briarlight are made up by me!  Oh also, I DO NOT own warrior cats (obviously).  Erin Hunter does. Okay, Let's Go!

The dark brown cat darted through the woods, panting heavily.  If only my clanmates could see me now! Then they wouldn't think I'm a helpless kit. The she-cat scented a vole and started stalking it.  She knew how, even with what little warrior training she had. Silently, a cat materialized from the stars. "Hello, Briarlight."   The smooth voice washed over Briarlight, reminding her of when she was in the nursery.              

 "Who are you?" Briarlight felt like she should recognize this cat, but she could not recall who it was. "My name is Spottedleaf, I was once a ThunderClan medicine cat."  Briarlight held back a gasp.  Spottedleaf was a legend among clan cats, a kit tale. "W...Why are you here?"   Spottedleaf responded with a smile. "When the feather has fallen, the amber moon will steal the light"

With a jerk, Briarlight woke up, back in her nest, paralyzed once again.  "Jayfeather? Jayfeather?" The medicine cat awoke. "Briarlight? What is it?" Jayfeather sleepily stood up and walked over. "I think I received a... a prophecy."  Jayfeather looked startled. "What did it say?"                     "Well, Spottedleaf told me: 'When the feather has fallen, the amber moon will snatch the light'"

Jayfeather stared at Briarlight for a while before speaking.  "And you say Spottedleaf said this?"   "Yes." Jayfeather considered this for a moment before responding.  "I think you should keep this to yourself for now, Briarlight.  It could be dangerous."