Chapter 28: Another Queen

So... We're gonna put a pause on Mistpaw for now, and get to the newest kits! Okay, also comments really help fuel my writing, which is why these chapters are a bit shorter. This chapter is REALLY REALLY REALLY short, so apologies. Anyway, don't worry about it, I'm just ranting over here. Let's go!

Lightheart glanced at her mate, happiness shining in her gaze. Cherryblossom returned her gaze with a purr, then spoke. "Lightheart? Can I speak to you for a moment?" Lightheart nodded, confusion evident on her face. " I spoke to Ashpelt, and we talked about a proposition.  He would mate with me, but we wouldn't be mates.  That way, we could still have kits." Lightheart considered this for a moment. "So the kits would still look like me, but they would technically be  his kits." Cherryblossom shook her head vigorously. "No! They would still be our kits, Lightheart. We could actually have kits together!"

Cherryblossom padded into the medicine den, Lightheart by her side. Amberpaw emerged, giving them a quizzical glance. "Are you hurt?" Quickly, the apprentice gave them both a sniff. "Hmm... I can't smell anything wrong. Let me get Jayfeather." Amberpaw scurried away towards the elder den. A laugh bubbled up in Lightheart's throat, as Jayfeather padded in grumpily. "What is it now?" Jayfeather also gave a quick sniff, and then jumped back, surprised. "Oh! Cherryblossom! You're with kits." She nodded. "Ashpelt and I worked out a agreement." Jayfeather cast a nervous look at Lightheart. "Don't worry. We agreed." 

Millie escorted Cherryblossom into the nursery, with Ferncloud walking behind them. Jayfeather gave a purr of amusement. "One queen leaves, another one comes to the nursery." Briarlight snuck up behind him and gave him a lick on the ear. "As long as I'm not stuck in their anymore."  "Briarlight! I didn't see you there."  She purred. "Well, of course you didn't, you daft furball. If you had, you wouldn't have been so startled."