Chapter Nine: Let's Tell Firestar (Again)

THIS IS IMPORTANT.  Also, *hee hee* I forgot about gatherings (Oops) So this is the first one.  So, I did not realize there was a cat called Ambermoon in Warriors, so clarification, she does NOT EXIST in this story.  Okay cool.  Firestar can be a mousebrain sometimes! Same thing as always! Guess my favorite cat blah blah click the star blah I Don't own Warriors blah blah. 😊 

     Firestar dashed into camp, his jaws filled with prey.  Dropping the mice on the fresh-kill pile, he wandered over to Jayfeather's den.  "Firestar? I have something to tell you."  Firestar looked at Jayfeather, confusion clouding his eyes.  "Is it about the prophecy?"  He nodded.  "Yes.  There is a second half. 'Three will become two, bonded by invisible lines.'" 

"Well.  Bye! There's a gathering tonight, and I need to announce who's going." Jayfeather looked extermely annoyed with Firestar, but he couldn't figure out why.  "Let all cats old enough to catch their pey gather under the Highrock for a clan meeting!" The cats surrounded the Highrock, whispering.  "Ivypool, Dovewing, Brackenfur, Brambleclaw, Lionblaze, Graystripe and Ferncloud will be going to the Gathering, as well as Ashpaw, Lightpaw and Boltpaw.  We will leave at moonhigh."

Ivypool trailed behind the group, eventually meeting up with Dovewing.  Ashpaw stood next to her, trembling with excitement.  Boltpaw took the lead with Firestar, knowing that eventually she would be leading.  Lightpaw stuck next to her mentor, eyes wide with fear at the thought of mingling with the enemies.

Upon reaching the Gathering place, Lightpaw's nose was ambushed with the scents of ShadowClan, WindClan and RiverClan.  Ashpaw gaped in awe at the sight of the Great Oak, while Boltpaw stood, surveying the area, knowing that she would one day leap onto the oak as Firestar was doing.

A grey apprentice padded up to Boltpaw.  "Appreciating the sight? It's quite something.  Much like you." Boltpaw blinked in suprise.  "Are you flirting with me? Because YOU are just asking to break the warrior code.  I think your mother would dissaprove.  NOW LEAVE ME ALONE." The apprentice looked... fearful.  "Ye..Yes miss.  I wouldn't want to jeopardize your apprenticeship."

  Mistystar stepped up "Let the Gathering begin!  Prey in RiverClan is swimming well.  Ashfoot has given birth to two healthy kits: Emberkit and Sootkit.  Leafbare was difficult, but newleaf has been treating us well. That is all. Rowanstar? Would you like to go?" Rowanstar bowed his head in respect.  "ShadowClan is doing well and Frogpaw and Sparrowpaw have been made warriors.  Their new names are Frogleap and Sparrowshine."  The clans chanted the names with excitement.

Lightpaw was confused.  Why would they cheer for a cat that would soon be their enemy?  Firestar spoke up. "ThunderClan has three new apprentices.  Lightpaw, Ashpaw and Boltpaw will be warriors in no time, and prey is running well." The clans cheered the new apprentices, and Ashpaw was frozen in the moment, filled with excitement.  "WindClan has no new news to report, but prey is scarce, and all rabbits that are seen or scented will be hunted."  Yowls of protest rose from around the clearing, with mews of agreement from Windclan.