Chapter 12: Let's Tell Firestar (Again Again)

Super short chapter today.  I just wasn't up for doing too much.  Anyway, same things as always. No one has guessed my favorite cat yet :(  I don't own warrior cats. Boltpaw isn't in this one.  Please be kind in the comment section, and don't make fun of the characters.  Thanks! (Please click the star so more people can see my story)

Jayfeather walked over to Firestar, his heart pounding in his chest. "Firestar?  I would like to suggest a change to the medicine cat code.  I think medicine cats should be able to take mates."  All the words rushed out in a jumbled mess.

"Jayfeather? Slow down.  Is this because of Briarlight? Millie came into my den the other day saying that you two were becoming really close."  Jayfeather nodded.  "We both love each other, and it's not like any medicine cats follow that rule anyway."

"Fair point.  I will for the change at the next gathering.  You and Briarlight can become mates now, but if the idea gets rejected, you will have to return to a life without a mate." Jayfeather nodded vigorously. "Really? I should go tell Briarlight the great news!"

"BRIARLIGHT!!"  Panting, Jayfeather caught up with her.  "Firestar said he would suggest it at the next gathering.  Also, he said we could become mates at least until the answer is official!"  Briarlight purred. "Firestar is telling the clan now, so we might be treated a bit weird for now."  

"As long as I can be with you." Tails entwined, the cats walked back to camp, pressed into each other.  No matter what happened, they would be in it together.