Chapter Four: Medicine Cat

Some of you wanted a few more hints about my favorite warrior so here they are.

- She is not from ThunderClan

- She had a littermate who was murdered

-She knew people in ThunderClan 

Okay! Hope that was good enough! Comment your guesses. Don't just skip over the apprentice ceremony okay?  Also, if you like this story, let me know in the comments, or just vote for it by clicking the little star.  So, I am going to try and update short chapters, but there will be at least three a week.  I am trying to update every day, but no guarantees.  Okay, enjoy this chapter.  Disclaimer: I do not own warrior cats.  I also def. changed up the medicine cat apprentice ceremony, so just roll with it.

Ashkit padded into the medicine den and wrinkled his nose.  All those herbs really smelled.  At least when he was a older he could help his Clanmates while Jayfeather was busy.  Smiling, Briarlight entered the den. "Hello Ashkit!" Ashkit gave her a look. "Wow! You don't need any training from Jayfeather on how to be grumpy! You've already mastered that."  Ashkit was puzzled. Why would Briarlight think that Jayfeather was going to train me? Jayfeather ducked in.  "Ashkit? You spend a lot of time in here, and I was wondering if you would want to be my apprentice."

      Briarlight smiled.  She had told Jayfeather to be polite to Ashkit, and he had seemed to take her advice. Ashkit looked startled. "Me? A Medicine  cat?" Ashkit mewed in laughter. "What makes you think I would want to mess around in smelly herbs for the rest of my life?" Jayfeather sighed.  "If you didn't want to become a medicine cat, why were you learning herbs in here?"  Ashkit answered promptly. " I was learning in case one of my Clanmates got injured and you weren't there." Briarlight gave Jayfeather an amused glance.  He did not return it.

     Firestar leaped onto Highrock. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather under the Highrock for a Clan meeting."  Within a few seconds, all the cats were gathered around.  "We are here for one of my favorite duties, naming new apprentices."  The three kits stepped up. "From this day forward, until she has earned her warrior name, this apprentice will be called Boltpaw. Berrynose, Brambleclaw taught you well, and you have great strength and loyalty.  May you pass down all you know to your apprentice." Berrynose and Boltpaw touched noses.  Next, Firestar moved on to Lightkit. ""From this day forward, until she has earned her warrior name, this apprentice will be called Lightpaw. Brackenfur, your hunting skills are superior, and you show great bravery.  May you pass down all you know to your apprentice."  Brackenfur stepped up and touched noses with Lightpaw.

      Next, Ashkit padded up. "Warriors of ThunderClan, I present you with this apprentice. He has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant him your wisdom and insight so that he may understand your ways and heal his Clan in accordance with your will. Ashkit, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat?" Ashkit looked startled. "Uh no, not really.  I just turned Jayfeather down."  Firestar gave Jayfeather a good death glare.  " In that case, let's continue.  From this day forward, until he has earned his warrior name, this apprentice will be called Ashpaw. Graystripe, you are known for your intellect and integrity. May you pass down all you know to your apprentice."

"ASHPAW! LIGHTPAW! BOLTPAW! ASHPAW! LIGHTPAW! BOLTPAW!"  The clan cheered for the newly made apprentices, but Briarlight couldn't help but notice that Jayfeather's cheers were a bit half hearted.