Chapter Eleven: True Love

Guys.  I am so so so sorry.  I didn't update yesterday.  I am ashamed.  Sorry.  In return, each of you guys can comment an OC or Warrior Cat in the comments, and I will somehow include them in the story.  Also, I can't finish the story until one of you guesses my favorite cat! ;)  I don't own warrior cats, click the star.  This chapter is a bit mushy touchy feely, so feel free to just skim it. :/

     Shakily, Jayfeather walked over towards Briarlight, who was sharing a mouse with Millie.  "Hey.. Umm.... Briarlight? Could I talk to you for a minute?"  Briarlight nodded, but remained in place. "Preferably alone?"  Now it was Briarlight who was shaking.  "Sure, Jayfeather."  The two padded into the empty medicine den together.  

"Briarlight? I have something to tell you." Briarlight looked anxious.  "And I have something to tell you." Jayfeather looked slightly annoyed. "I think mine might be a bit more important." Here goes nothing. "Briarlight? I love you."  Briarlight glanced at her paws.  "I didn't think you felt that way about me Jayfeather."

 Nervously, Jayfeather responded. "I've loved you for a while now, but I've never gotten the courage to say it until today."  Briarlight purred.  "I'm glad you admitted it, because I like you too."  Jayfeather's smile could have turned any frown upside down.  "Really?" Now it was Jayfeather's turn to purr.  "I just wish we could be mates."  Briarlight had a genius idea.  "Why not? Most medecine cats have broken the code anyway."  Jayfeather looked horrified.  "I'm not going to break the code!" Briarlight shook her head.  "Of course not.  But maybe we could suggest a change to the code.  The other medicine cats would be able to convince their leaders!"

Realization dawned on Jayfeather's face.  "That could work! Then we could be together!"