Chapter 14: WindClan

IMPORTANT CHAPTER ALERT: So.... Lots of stuff in this chapter.  The guessing my favorite cat competition will be ending in a couple chapters, so guess now or forever hold your mews. Click the star if you want me to keep this story going on.  The apprentices are almost done training, so their ceremonies will be next chapter.  Let's get on to it! 

"I  believe that medicine cats should be able to take a mate. It would not affect their duties, and who are we to get in the way of love?" Mistystar spoke up. "What about the chance of kits?  Would their love for their kits get in the way of their duties?"

"It would only increase their capacity to care for their Clanmates.  Enough medicine cats have already had kits, and it did not affect their abilities."  Onestar called out Firestar. "ThunderClan medicine cats that is.  Is ThunderClan so interested in changing the code because they cannot follow it anymore? Are your medicine cats so intent on breaking the code that you cannot stop them? Is that why you have suggested this change?"

"Put your mind at ease Onestar,  Jayfeather asked because he does love a cat, but he did not want to take a mate while it was still against the code.  He did not want his possible kits to grow up as he did, living a life of lies." Rowanstar bowed his head in respect.

"Let's take a vote.  On behalf of ShadowClan, I accept the proposal."   Onestar gave Rowanstar a suspicious look. "WindClan denies the outrageous notion. Obviously, Firestar agrees. Mistystar? You are the deciding vote"

"I for one accept the proposal.  I agree that it would only increase their capacity for kindness.  It is official.  Medicine cats can now accept and take a mate as long as it does not affect their ability to heal their Clanmates.  This Gathering is over."

Jayfeather rushed over to Briarlight's side, purring. "Did you hear that? We can be mates!" Briarlight entwined her tail with his. "Well that's good, because I think that we might have kits soon." Jayfeather stared at her. "Really? When we get back to camp I'll double check, okay? Until then just take it easy." 

"Not so tough now are you Jayfeather? I cracked your mask, and hopefully everyone else will be able to see how kind you can be once our kits are born."