Chapter 24: Amberkit

Hi Guys.  This is a short chapter, and I just want to say that I have a NEW update schedule.
Monday: Side By Side
Tuesday: When The Stars Fall
Wednesday: Side By Side
Thursday: When The Stars Fall
Friday: Side By Side
Saturday: When The Stars Fall.

Also,  please go and participate in my other book, When The Stars Fall. Anyway, SUPER DUPER SHORT CHAPTER. Apologies. At least it has important things.  In this book, I try to crush different cliches.  Such as forbidden medicine cat romances, Firestar being the main character, and also kits with an interest in herbs spending EVERY SINGLE MOMENT in the medicine cat den.  Anyway, here we go.

Amberkit sat down, her tail expressing her excitment.  Jayfeather had promised to teach all of the kits some basic herbs. He started off simple, holding out a sticky mass of cobwebs. "These are cobwebs, and they are used to stop bleeding.  You apply it like this," He stopped and pretended to put on the cobweb. "And if it continues to bleed, you add pressure by pushing your paw down." Amberkit gasped.

"You can do all that with just ONE cobweb?" Jayfeather nodded. "Cobwebd are a necessity in every medicine den." Mistkit rolled her eyes. Who cared about smelly herbs? 

Wow! Jayfeather is so good at this! Briarlight was watching the scene from afar, appreciating the kindness and patience that he was exhibiting. When the group dismissed, the kits scattered leaving Jayfeather to pad over to Briarlight. She purred. "I think one of them may have an intrest in being a medicine cat." Jayfeather snorted. "Really? Because all Mistkit did was roll her eyes, and Moonkit actually fell asleep."
"I'm talking about Amberkit, you fur-ball." Jayfeather considered it for a moment. "Maybe.  She definitely has the patience for it.  I'll keep an ear open."

Amberkit rushed over, not wanting to miss out on the conversation. "Whatcha talking about?" Briarlight purred. "Nothing that should worry you." She licked Amberkit's head gently. "Go ahead and play moss-ball with Mistkit and Moonkit."