Chapter 25: Apprentice Time

Hello! So I can update twice a day if I have free time, but mostly I will stick to my schedule. Also, I could of sworn that I had a whole 300 views! But then when I came back like an hour later, there was like almost 500! Can we get the same support on my interactive book? Anyway, my least favorite cat IS NOT Longtail. Personally, I respect Longtail.  Anyway, please check out When The Stars Fall.  Let's jump right into it ;)

Mistkit growled. Why is Amberkit so excited for a stupid ceremony? I'm surrounded by hare-brained furballs. She noticed Amberkit bouncing around like a rabbit. Mistkit rolled her eyes, shifting her glance towards Moonkit. Moonkit was even worse.  She was over by the warriors, being a suck-up. Briarlight waved her tail, summoning Moonkit over. 

A hiss rose up in Mistkit's mouth. Briarlight's rough tongue was licking her and Moonkit clean. "Mistkit! Stop squirming. I can't have you going to your apprentice ceremony looking as if you got pulled backwards through a thorn bush!" Mistkit held back a growl as she attempted to ignore Amberkit giggling at her. 

With a smile, Firestar leaped onto Highrock. "Let all cats old enough to catch their ow prey gather under the Highrock for a Clan meeting." With a startled gasp, Briarlight nudged her its into the clearing. "Cats of ThunderClan, today there are three kits that have reached the age of six moons.  They are ready to become apprentices.  Mistkit, Amberkit and Moonkit, please step up."

"Moonkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Moonpaw. Your mentor will be Dustpelt. I hope he  will pass down all he knows on to you. Dustpelt, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have shown yourself to be loyal and kind. You will be the mentor of Moonpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her."  Next, Firestar beckoned Mistkit up.

"Mistkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Mistpaw. Your mentor will be Sorreltail. I hope she will pass down all she knows on to you." Firestar called upon the nervous warrior. "Sorreltail, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Sandstrom, and you have shown yourself to be compassionate and brave. You will be the mentor of Mistkit, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her." Sorreltail bent to touch noses with her new apprentice.

"Amberkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Amberpaw. Your mentor will be Jayfeather. I hope he will pass down all he knows on to you." Before Firestar could continue, murmurs of protest had started spreading through the clan like wildfire. A voice of protest broke through the whispers. "Jayfeather can't mentor his own kit!"