Chapter Five: Training

Hello Y'all! None of you have made guesses at my favorite cat yet, so the game continues. I might update two times today, but no guarantees.  This chapter mostly focuses on daily life in ThunderClan, but it also reveals a little something.  I don't own warrior cats.  There will be a litter of kits in like chapter twenty, and whoever can guess my fav cat with the clues from chapter four, can name one of them. *gasp*  And, they'll be a MAIN character.  Big deal huh? Okay, Let's get right into it.  It gets a bit repetitive, but that's the humor of it! Oh! This chapter is really short, but I had a perfect cliffhanger I wanted to end with.

     Berrynose glanced wearily at his apprentice.  Boltpaw had so much energy! Will she ever run out?  Panting, Berrynose gained a burst of speed and caught up with his apprentice. "You have to stay with me.  You never know when a fox might come and eat you."  Boltpaw stopped in her tracks.  "EAT ME??" Berrynose sighed.  This was going to be a long mentorship.

   Graystripe gave Ashpaw a look.  Ashpaw spent so much time around herbs.  Was his heart truly set on being a warrior?  Graystripe dropped into a hunting crouch. "Ashpaw? Try to do this."  Ashpaw attempted to mimic Graystripe's pose, but landed flat on his stomach, paws sprawled around him. Graystripe sighed.  This was going to be a long mentorship.

     Brackenfur reared on his hind legs and slashed at the air, attempting a common battle move.  Lightpaw seems quiet, she almost never talks.  She was very small.  Was her destiny that of a warrior?  Lightpaw repeated the move, but when she reared up, her face ended up planted in the ground. "Don't give up Lightpaw!" Lightpaw gave him a small smile, stood up, and fell again.  Brackenfur sighed.  This was going to be a long mentorship.

     Briarlight took a bite of the vole she was sharing with Jayfeather.  "Any news about the prophecy?"  Jayfeather looked disappointed. "Not yet.  I have a bad feeling there might be a second part that hasn't been revealed yet." Silently, the cats went back to eating, while the apprentices looked on.

"Have you noticed how close they are?" Boltpaw questioned her littermates.  Shyly, Lightpaw spoke up.  "Yes.  They seem to enjoy each other's company." Ashpaw looked at Boltpaw, realization dawning on his face.  "Maybe they enjoy each other's company a bit too much."   The three cats glanced at each other, their eyes full of mischief.