Chapter Eight: StarClan's Message

Hello Guys!  This chapter is a tad short, but hopefully it's fine.  Keep up guessing my favorite cat!  One person guessed Dawnpelt, she's a cool cat, but not my favorite.  Please Please Please click the little star.  Oh! And if you read this thing every time, comment down below the word: Cheesecake.  Also, I do not own warrior cats.  

     The gray tom slowly drifted off to sleep, taking comfort from Briarlight's presence.  He awoke not in his den, but in the grassy hills of StarClan, bursting with life.  The  scents of juicy voles and plump rabbits made his mouth water.  Bluestar approached him.  "Hello, Jayfeather.  StarClan has been keeping watch on you.  You were correct when you said that there was a second half to the prophecy. 'When the feather has fallen,  the amber moon will steal the light. Three will become two, joined by invisible lines."  

     He rolled his eyes.  "What's that supposed to mean?  You never give us any clear prophecies.  Why can't you just tell me what happens?"  Bluestar smiled smugly at Jayfeather, laughter sparkling in her eyes.  "If we did that, StarClan wouldn't be as mysterious, and life would be pretty dull.  Time to go back home, Jayfeather."  

      Jayfeather's eyelids flashed open, and he knew that Bluestar has sent him back.  He growled.  Stupid prophecies! Going and making my life difficult.  I...I...I just wish I could be with Briarlight  without any prophecies to stop me. Quit it Jayfeather! You can't be with her without causing a uproar, or sentencing her to silence. Jayfeather padded out of the den with a sigh.  Never before had he wished he wasn't blind, for he managed just fine. However, if he hadn't been blind, he wouldn't have been a medecine cat, and he could've taken a mate.  Stupid blindness.