Chapter Two: New Life

Hello! Welcome to Chapter Two.  Again, I do NOT own warrior cats (obviously).  Please do not put rude comments in the comments section.  I will try to post once a week, but if I can't, please cut me some slack. All the events after the accident are made up by me! I know that's "not how the books go".

A yowl rung throughout camp. " JAYFEATHER! Sandstorm has started kitting!"  Jayfeather's eyelids snapped open.  "What do you mean? She never mentioned any kits!"  Briarlight looked away shyly. "She didn't want to alarm you." Jayfeather hissed under his breath. "Stupid she-cats.  She should have come to me. Arghh! I can't believe I didn't figure it out.  I'm a medicine cat for StarClans sake."

"Millie! Grab a thick stick, and make sure it's not rotten. Squirrelflight? Go make sure Firestar stays out.  We don't need more cats."  Jayfeather pressed down.  He felt three kits. "Sandstorm, push hard."  Biting the stick, Sandstorm pushed. The first kit came and Jayfeather nipped the sack.  "Briarlight! Keep the kit warm, lick it."  The other two kits followed in a similar fashion, with Ivypool and Lionblaze  keeping them warm.

Jayfeather peeked his head in the nursery.  " Sandstorm?" He could tell that the three kits were happily nestled by Sandstorm's belly. "Come on in, Jayfeather" Jayfeather padded in, carefully stepping around the empty nests. "I brought you some borage to help your milk come."

"Thanks! While you're here, I was hoping you could help me name them." Jayfeather nodded. "Just let me call Firestar in.  FIRESTAR!" Jayfeather's screech echoed throughout camp. Firestar burst through the entrance. " What? Is something wrong? Sandstorm are you okay?" Jayfeather responded smoothly. " Everything is fine. Sandstorm would like us to help her name the kits."  Sandstorm gave Jayfeather a sly look. Gesturing to the bright orange she-cat, Sandstorm spoke. "I think this one should be named Boltkit, because she is so energetic." Jayfeather meowed in agreement. Firestar kept going. "I think the ginger tabby tom should be called Lightkit, because he brought new light into our world."

Jayfeather stifled a gasp. Lightkit? Like the prophecy that Briarlight received? Sandstorm nuzzled her mate in agreement.  "Jayfeather? What should this kit be called?" Sandstorm was gesturing to the smallest of the litter, a small ginger she cat with white paws. "I think she should be called Ashkit." Firestar and Sandstorm exchanged glances before nodding in agreement.

Briarlight nudged her way through the entrance to the nursery. "Those are the perfect names.  Welcome to ThunderClan little ones."  Jayfeather thought he heard a note of longing in her voice, but he dismissed it. After all, Briarlight didn't have a mate, or anyone she seemed interested in.