Chapter Six: Let's Tell Firestar

The paws' get a bit sneaky in this one.  MAN! Two chapters in one day! Click the star if you guys love it.  Keep trying to guess my favorite cat m'kay?  Love you all for being supportive and reading this! I don't own warrior cats.  REAL short chapter, but it really sets up for the future chapters. 

     The three troublemakers trampled through the entrance to Firestar's den. "Firestar! We have something to tell you!" Firestar looked alert. "Is there an attack? Who's injured?" Boltpaw looked at the floor guiltily.  "No emergency, but Jayfeather has taken a mate!"  Firestar glanced down into the clearing.  "You are sorely mistaken.  Jayfeather has not taken a mate, so stop pestering me with fantasies.  You must learn to respect your clan mates, otherwise there is no room in the clan for you."

     Ashpaw looked horrified at the thought of being exiled from the clan by his own father!  Boltpaw defended herself.  "He's been spending a lot of time with Briarlight, and we saw them talking AND sharing a vole!"  Firestar started to get annoyed.  "I have already told you, they are not mates.  Friends share fresh-kill all the time.  Now get over it okay?"  All three of the apprentices were practically shaking. "O..O...Okay." 

     At sunrise, Firestar padded into Jayfeather's den.  "Jayfeather? Is there something you aren't telling me?" Jayfeather looked confused, and then worried.  "Like what?"  Firestar gave a glare.  "Like taking a mate which is against the warrior code." Jayfeather's sigh of relief was audible.  "No Firestar.  I have not taken a mate.  Why would I? I know how it feels to be rejected by my parents."

Firestar nodded.  "That's what I told those meddling apprentices.  I told them to respect their clanmates."  Jayfeather quickly looked around to make sure no one was listening.  "I do have something to tell you though.  StarClan sent Briarlight a prophecy.  'When the feather has fallen, the amber moon will steal the light.'  We think that the light may be Lightpaw."  Firestar blinked at Jayfeather in visible confusion.  Lightpaw?  The light in the prophecy was OBVIOUSLY Briarlight, and the feather was OBVIOUSLY Jayfeather.  Firestar decided to be a mousebrain and keep this to himself.