i wanted to make you smile

jungkook

jungkook

we walked holding hands, laughing, enjoying the soft breeze. ever since leaving hoseok's house we've been talking non stop. there was an unusual amount of things to talk about. the busan trip, the florist course and moving in together. at some point taehyung had stopped walking.

"let's sit down." he said and pointed to one of the benches.

i followed him and we sat down. the sun had almost set and the stars were visible. the sounds of the city were calming and silent, seeing as we were in the middle of a huge park.

"it's snowing!" taehyung exclaimed with a bright smile.

"it's beautiful." i mentioned as i watched taehyung reach his hand out to catch some snowflakes.

they melted and he rubbed his hands against each other.

"are your hands cold?" i asked and he nodded.

"let me hold them." i smiled as he held out his hands for me to hold.

i carefully held them and intertwined our fingers, moving closer to him.

"you know... my whole body's kind of cold." he mentioned and i smiled.

i pulled him into a hug and we stayed like that. even though the air was cold, we were warm in each other's arms.

"jungkook?"

"hmm?"

"are you sure that you want to spend the rest of your life with me?" he asked in a concerned tone.

"of course. there is nothing i want more than to be with you for the rest of my life." i confessed.

"i feel the same. i love you." he confessed, moving up to kiss me sweetly.

"i love you too." i said, pulling him in for another kiss.

"it's getting late, should we start making our way home?" he asked and i nodded.

"yeah, let's go." we finally moved out of the hug and i held his hand again.

we started walking down the trail that was now covered in a light layer of snow, leaving footprints behind. looking at the now risen moon that was shining brightly among the billions of stars. taehyung once again stopped, making me turn around to face him.

"i love you." he once again confessed.

"and i love you too." i answered, smiles on both of our faces.

what we had both failed to notice was a third person sneaking up on us from the dark. when we finally noticed, it was too late. taehyung's eyes widened as a he was stabbed in the back with a knife, making blood drip down on to the ground. dowoon stood behind him, a sickening smirk on his face, as i saw the glow in taehyung's eyes disappear. my heart stopped beating as everything happened in slow motion.

"i love you too." dowoon whispered in taehyung's ear before he collapsed.

as i ran up to catch taehyung, dowoon ran away. tears started running down my face as i saw how pale he had gotten.

"taehyung! please stay awake! i'll call an ambulance, okay?" i explained quickly as i fumbled around in my pocket for my phone.

i called for an ambulance and kept all of my attention on taehyung.

"i-it feels weird..." he breathed out, a small amount of blood running out of his mouth.

"e-everything will be okay, don't worry." i chocked out, holding his hands tightly as his tearful eyes looked up into mine.

"i-i don't t-think it will b-be." he said, tears running down his face slowly.

"no, no! you'll be saved! there's already an ambulance on the way, just don't close your eyes... please stay awake..." i begged as he smiled softly.

"even if i die, it's a painless death, i'll be fine." he reassured and i sobbed.

"don't say that, you'll survive! you'll be happy and grow old!" i exclaimed and he reached up to put his hand on my cheek.

"thank you... f-for everything... i love you s-so much jungkook... i'm sorry." with those words, his eyes closed and his hand fell.

"taehyung! tae! wake up! please! i-i can't lose you! please taehyung! please..." i begged as i held him.

i lifted him up and started running down the path towards the main road. no matter how weak i was in the moment, i didn't let my legs stop me. i wasn't going to let him die. the ambulance had just arrived when i reached the road and they instantly ran over to me.

"please save him!" i begged as they put him in the ambulance.

"we'll do our best." the paramedic answered as he got into the ambulance.

i was left on the sidewalk, covered in blood, as i watched the love of my life disappear into the city in the ambulance.

my only reassurance being that, for him, it was painless.

end