Chapter 3

Song for this chapter-  Up All Night by One Direction.

Emily

"Ain't you suppose to be the host?" I asked cocking my head to one side.

He looked at me for a brief moment and sat down. "Evan wanted to throw a party, I just allowed the space."

"Your parents know about it?"

His featured turned stiffed as he give me a cold look, "Just because I'm being nice that doesn't mean you get to know me personally."

And I flinched a little at his tone. We sat quietly for a while. It was midnight and usually by this time I'm asleep. I yawned a little as I scrolled through my social media. I don't know how long we will be sitting this quietly.

"Are you sleepy?" He suddenly questioned and I shake my head, no. I don't want to be a nuisance to him. He helped me enough today. He sighed and said, "Take a nap, I'll wake you up."

"No, I'm fine." I said.

"The party won't end until like five in the morning." He said and my eyes widened.

I have never stayed beyond midnight in a party before.

"Take a nap, I'll wake you up." He said and I give him an uneasy look. "I won't touch you, I promise."

"You just had....." I said uncomfortably.

He suddenly laughed all of a sudden. "No wonder, you're sitting on the edge of the bed." He started laughing again and I flushed a little. "We didn't do much because someone interrupted us."

"Okay." I said sighing a little and then made myself comfortable on his bed while he turned off the light. His bed was comfortable and smelled of peppermint and him.

I curled up and fell asleep sooner than I wanted. I shouldn't let my guard down easily, but it happen anyway.

"F*ck off." I heard someone cussing and I frowned in my sleep.

Daddy and mommy said it's bad to swear. It's impolite and rude of you to swear.

I see Daddy and Mommy screaming at each other while I was holding Mr.Rabbit and my blanket close to me as I stood quietly behind the door. My five year old self was hidden behind the door, scared of the raised voice. Mommy never raised her voice before neither did Daddy.They always spoke in a soft-tone.

"All I asked was for you to f*cking listen at that time, and you didn't and now look at the mess." Daddy raised his voice at Mommy.

"Stop with your nonsense." She yelled back.

Daddy threw a vase on the wall and cussed, "F*ck you."

"Can you be quiet? Emily will wake up."

"Let her wake up, she should know why we're fighting. We shouldn't have adopted her in the first place. Of all people, we had to adopt his daughter." Daddy spat in disgust.

I held on Mr.Rabbit tightly as I watched them screamed at each other.

"Hey." I could hear a distant voice and someone started shaking me gently.

My eyes opened wide as I looked at the face in front of me with concerned.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I sat up.

"What happened?" I was confused.

"You were crying." He said with a concerned look on his face and I felt the tears on my face.