Chapter 29

Emily

I liked the walk with Everett. We shared our thoughts and opinions. He was opening up to me, telling me things that he admitted he was ashamed about.

He admitted he feels ashamed and embarrassed when he share his family background with people. He said, many people in the past tried getting close to him to use his family's names to get things done.

He said in his last school before enrolling here, he had a huge fight with his friends because his friends entered clubs and bars using his family's names. It must have been awful.

On our way back home after breakfast at a small diner that we found. I glanced at him in the corner of my eyes. He looked ahead deep in thoughts.

"My family and I don't have the best relationship as well." I said to him hesitantly. He turned to look at me in surprise. I think he didn't expect me to share anything with him.

He was quiet, but his facial expression was curious and seemed like he wanted to know about me.

"Throughout my life I've been trying to do things carefully, I didn't want to trouble my parents by doing something stupid. I've always tried to do good in schools and music. I tried winning trophies and certificates." I looked in front. "Last Sunday was awful, I saw the car approaching, but I couldn't move. All I was thinking was- will my parents be disappointed if I didn't attend that class?" I looked at him and he watched me, carefully.

"I don't know why I didn't have thoughts like would they be worried or would they be sad? instead, I thought would they be disappointed in me?"

"Why would they be disappointed with you?"

"I have never missed any music classes under their watch. The only time I missed was when I overslept at your place.My mom is expecting me to study music in college."

"Oh." He said. "But do you want to?"

"I thought about it.. I like playing piano and violin, but I don't see myself with music in the future."

"What are you planning to study though?"

And I give him a secret smile. "If I do get into the program. I'll let you know."

"So you're planning to study something else, too?"

"If I do get into the program that I wanted, maybe yes."

"How will you explain to your parents?"

"I don't know. I have no idea." I said to him.

He stopped all of a sudden and pulled me close to him for a hug.

"I want you to know.. no one is suppose to be perfect. Everyone have flaws and scars, but it shouldn't stop you from being beautiful or feeling beautiful. Beauty starts from within, its starts with you accepting yourself as who you are and not who you want to become."

It's been quite a while. I've officially had my cast removed and I could finally do things, again. Apart from physical therapy, I was all good.

Everett came over on a Sunday, and we went for a walk and breakfast. It became our thing now after that Sunday, and I'm enjoying it.

"Shh." I heard someone said quietly. "They will wake up.."

I stirred a little, but it felt uncomfortable. Since when was my bed so hard? I felt arms around my body. The feeling was warm, but since when did beds have arms? I opened my eyes and almost had a small fright when I saw my friends staring with a smirk on their faces.

"What is it?" Everett asked groggily.

I was sleeping on his chest and he had his arms around me. We fell asleep after lunch and we somehow ended up in this position with viewers.