Chapter 44

Emily

Everett pulled me up with him from the water, and looked at me. I smiled at him. The water was warm it felt nice.

"How's the water?" he asked me.

"It's warm." I said.

He splashed some water on me and my mouth dropped open.

"You just did not do that." I said as he swam away from me.

All of a sudden someone sprayed water on me and I see Evan with a water gun and I scowled at him. Evan laughed at me and then Bloom threw a plastic ball at Evan and he scoffed, playfully before spraying at her. We all got a water gun each and started spraying at each other. I didn't realize, Everett was under the water and pulled my leg. I gasped for air when I came out and smacked him on his arm.

"Ouch." he complained and I grinned at him.

After what seemed like forever, we all decided we had enough of water play today and went to take a shower.

Morgan, Aaliyah and I went to Bloom's room after shower to help her get ready for her date with Evan. She flushed in embarrassment when Aaliyah admitted she caught them kissing back in the school's staircase.

We helped Bloom got ready. Morgan helped Bloom with her hair and make-up. She's very good at that. She wore a navy blue dress with tights and heels. She ditched her glasses for contact lens. Her big brown eyes blinked at us.

"Do I look okay?" she asked.

"You look beautiful, girl." Morgan said. "If that Evan doesn't gasp when he see you later. I will find you another better date." she joked and Bloom laughed and shake her head.

"Picture time." Aaliyah said, excitedly.

We all stood closed to each other as we looked at the camera and smiled.

Evan and Everett was in the living room when Morgan, Aaliyah and I ran down towards them.

"Easy there, I don't want you to break another bone." Everett said pulling me close to him.

"I'm so excited." I said to him. I turned to look at Bloom who was coming down the stairs and looked at Evan, who's mouth dropped open.

Everett wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, and kissed the side of my head.

"You girls did a good job." he said and I glanced at him and grinned.

"Don't you think so, too? " I said proudly, as I put my hands on his arms and looked at the couple in front of us.

During dinner, Everett asked if Morgan or Aaliyah was interested for a blind date. Morgan brushed him off and said, she can take care of it by herself while Aaliyah said, she was not looking for a relationship, yet.

Morgan and Everett bickered through out the dinner and it almost seemed like Morgan promised Evan, that she will take over his role to annoy Everett for dinner. Aaliyah and I laughed at how they were pulling each other's leg. After dinner, Aaliyah and Morgan said they will retrieve for the night and let us hang out with each other.

Everett and I was in his room. We were reading books. He was sitting with his back on the head-board while I was lying on my stomach. I secretly watched him read, his eyes was focused on the book. His eyebrow pull together every time he frowned or there's a small smirk on his face.

I was reading another comic and it's interesting. He was reading some non-fiction book. I feel my eyes getting heavy as I put my head of my arms and closed my eyes.

I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom. My head was on the pillow and I was covered up with the blanket. The blanket smells like Everett, actually the whole bed smells like him. My Everett. I still can't believe he's mine. The book that I was reading was on the night-stand along with his. Everett was not in the room, and I frowned a little. I went to the washroom first and then went to look for Everett.

My leg led me to the study room on its own like my heart knew he would be there. The lights was on in that room and I opened the door and peeped inside. Everett was working on the computer. He was concentrating on something.

"What are you doing?" I asked and he jumped a little, startled as he looked at me as I made my way towards him. He shut the laptop and give me a nervous laugh.

"You're awake?" he said.

"Yes, you were not in the room." I asked as I looked at how quickly he put the laptop away from me.

"I was doing something."

"Do you still need some more time to do it? I'll go back to the room." I said. I think he's uncomfortable with me being here.

"I'm done." he said to me. "We should go to bed." he said as he looked at the laptop one last time and took my hand and lead me out of the room. I looked at the laptop left behind and wondered what he was trying to hide.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him as we walked inside his room.

"Yes, why?" he asked cocking his head to one side.

"You seemed nervous." I said to him.

"Nervous? Me? Why?" He let out a nervous chuckled.

I was not sure if I should be bothered by that.

"I'm here if you want to talk about it." I reminded him.

"It's nothing." he said brushing me off. He turned off the light and pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around me. My ear was on his chest. He kissed the top of my head. "Goodnight, Em." he said.

"Goodnight, Everett." I said. I should trust him, just because we're in a relationship that doesn't mean we should give up our privacy. I should respect and understand, that maybe there are somethings he doesn't want to share with me and I shouldn't force him into telling me.