Chapter 7

Song for this chapter - Stand by you by Rachel Platten

Emily

I couldn't believe what I was listening. The hallway was quiet as they looked at us. This is so embarrassing and hurtful.

"We were friends with her because she's helpful when it comes to our assignments and works." London said and looked at Morgan who stood quietly beside her. "No one wants to be friends with boring Ms. Perfectionist who only loves reading and playing instruments.." She flipped her hair and smirked.

I felt tears in my eyes, but I can't cry right now. Not in front of her, them and everyone else. I don't know if I'm hurt and upset with Everett or my friends-

"We want to be friends with Emily." I heard Bloom's quiet voice in the crowd and everyone turned to look at her and Aaliyah as they give me a smile.

"Of course, boring people needs another boring friend." London remarked sarcastically.

"So, are you trying to say I'm boring as well?" Everett challenges and everyone started whispering. "Emily is my friend and I think she's perfect the way she is. You are shaming someone for doing what they love. How awful is that? I thought you were bad." He laughed, it was a disbelief laugh. "You are worse than I thought."

Some teachers interrupted us and dismissed us. London walked pass me with a smirk on her face.

"Are you okay?" Aaliyah asked me.

"Yes. Thank you." I said in a quiet voice and looked at Everett. "I'm mad and upset with you."

"I know." He said. "I went overboard. I'm sorry."

"We will talk about it later." I said. "We will be late for class."

Most part of the morning, everyone spoke about the arguments that happened this morning. Some students came to talk to me to tell me that they are here for me and I couldn't help, but feel they are saying that because Everett was supporting me.

I thank them none-the-less.

"Are you okay?" Evan came up to me for the first time to talk to me. This was the first time we were talking and somehow he knew which neighbourhood I was living and have my number.

"Yes." I said. I don't like attention and this was overwhelming me, somehow.

"Everett doesn't know how to hold back." He explained.

"I noticed." I said.

"He meant no harm." He explained.

"I know." I said.

"I hope you do, he wanted your good and wanted you to see what others saw. It was unfair to you." He said.

"So it was that obvious?"

"Very." He said. "They don't invite you when they go to malls or movies, do they? We see them in the mall without you."

And that did hurt me a bit.

I don't know what friendship was about anymore...

"Do friends really have to hang out with each other outside school?" I asked.

He looked thoughtful.