Chapter 60

Emily

"I almost thought I lost you." He said with a frown.

"What were you doing?" I asked.

"When I went to your place, you were not there. Your mom was home at that time and she let me in and your dad called and said you almost drowned." And he sucked a breath.

"I'm okay." I said.

"You're okay." He agreed. "Last time you almost got hit by a car and now this? It's horrifying." He said to me and I watched him cry in front of me and it hurts me to watch him cry.

"Don't cry." I said reaching out to wipe his face.

"I promise I didn't mean to be distant, it sound like an excuse that I was drunk and kissed. I swear I didn't kiss her back. She tried to kiss me, but I pushed her away.

I'm sorry it sounded like an excuse that I was thinking about things, but I was and still am. Em, I was raised in a family where we don't give sh*t about anyone's feelings except for our own. You met my brothers. You saw what they did in my dad's birthday party. They didn't care about my dad's feelings. I'm worried you're loving the wrong person, Em. Already, I was too selfish enough and made you mine.

I was not sure if I could love you more than I love myself. I didn't mean to be distant and cold. Today, when I almost lost you. I knew that I love you more than myself and I mean it, Em. I don't want you to get hurt, but I did hurt you. I let you down for second time, now."

"I love you Everett, but I'm still upset about you getting drunk and someone else kissed you." I said taking his hand.

"I know. I want to say I'll make it to you, but I don't want to make any promises. I want to show you instead."

I give him a small smile and he returned one.

Later, I learnt my biological mother's name is Celina. She's a pretty woman and very emotional? She has been crying since I woke up and it made me feel weird. She's not a stranger, but at the same time, I don't know her well enough.

"What should I call you?" I asked awkwardly.

"You can call me by my name if you're uncomfortable calling me, mum." She sobbed.

"Celina." I said. "It's nice to meet you."

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "For putting you up for adoption."

My feature softened. "You didn't have a choice. You thought that was the best decision and maybe it was." I said.

"You're so mature." She said. "Can I touch your face?"

I nodded my head. She put her hands on my face.

"I wanted to come and see you, but I didn't know if you knew about your adoption and you seemed happy in the new home." She said to me.

"I am happy." I said to her.

"I know. Your dad sent me pictures of you for a while." She smiled.

"I know I shouldn't say anything about your relationship, please forgive me if you're offended. Can you give Grayson another chance? All he wanted to give you was the world." I said to him.

And she give me a sad smile. "I told him I was happy in that town, all I wanted was him beside me."

"He had dreams." I said.