Chapter 52

Emily

Grayson was hesitant, but said. "Yes, I'm not going to force you. I know you'll be turning eighteen, soon, but I want to be here for you."

"What if I want to stay with my parents?"

"I'm your parent too." He said.

I cocked my head to one side. "Right." I said.

"I'll support your decision." He said. "But you're going to be the future heir of my company."

I frowned. "What if I don't want to?"

He said, "You're my only child."

I didn't know what to say to him.

I changed the topic and asked if he was planning to meet his ex-wife or my biological mom anytime, soon.

"Yes, she's coming next weekend."

"Are you guys still friends?"

"She wants us to be strangers." He said.

"And you just agreed? You didn't even try?" I asked.

"I don't want to push her in being my friend." He said, nervously.

Him and I are almost similar in that case, I didn't want to admit, but he and I have a lot in common.

"Maybe she needs a friend." I shrugged.

"You sound like you have experience in this." He smiled.

"You should try to be her friend, you never know- she might be hiding the truth behind."

"I'll keep that in mind." He said to me and we smiled at each other.

After that, we had light topics. I spoke about my schools, how growing up was like, my friends and suddenly we were talking about Everett.

He was excited to hear about Everett and my relationship. I expected to have this talk with my parents, but we never did.

"He seemed like a very nice guy." He said when I told him about the times Everett helped me a lot in schools and things.

"He is." I smiled.

"Will I get an opportunity to meet him in the future?" He asked.

"Maybe? I don't know. It depend on him."

"I would love to meet him when you feel it's comfortable and when Everett think so too. Don't want to pressurize anyone here."

He's open in showing emotions, his thoughts and feelings.

After hanging out for a little longer, he dropped me off to my violin class.

"I'll pick you up after your class." He said.

I don't know how he even knew my schedule, most likely mom have told him about it.

"Everett is coming to pick me up. We're attending a party." I said.

"Oh." He said with a smile. "That's fine, I was going to ask you to come with me to a party as well, but some other day."

"Yea." I said. "Thank you for everything."

"It's my pleasure, Emily." He said. "I'm sorry for not being there in your life until now."