Chapter 4

Song for this chapter: Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara

Emily

Everett is known for owning beautiful sport's car. If I have car like that-I would show off as well. It was a grey Audi with tinted windows. He opened the door for me and I slipped inside the car. He turned on the A.C and adjusted the coolness before driving out to the traffic.

"You go to the Academy class across the street?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"You didn't wake me up today to drive you home." It almost sounded like accusation.

"I didn't want to disturb you." I said to him.

He give me a deadpan looked. "Why are you so afraid of speaking out?"

"Excuse me?" I said taken aback.

"You were uncomfortable back in the restaurant." He said. "What did he say to you?"

I sighed. "Do you know where I live?"  I ignored his question.

"Somewhere in McKenzie drive? Evan told me."

"How do he even know these things?"

"He knows about people, what's your address?"

He typed the address on the GPS and then asked me about Joey.

"He was asking me about my college plan and when I said I didn't know yet.. he told me I need to start figuring out soon because we have to apply to college soon."

"What's his problem? Actually what's your whole friend's circle's problems?"

I sighed. "Am I here again to listen to your talk?"

"No." He said. "I didn't mean it that way..that guy should really mind his own business." He cleared his throat.

"Are you ready for school?" I asked.

"I don't really care." He said nonchalantly. "It's just school, anyway."

We reached my place soon.

"Thank you for putting up with my troubles today. I promise I won't trouble you much after this." I added politely. "Have a good night."

"Do you always talk like this?"

"Like what?" I asked.

"So polite and so...I don't know?"

And I laughed and he was taken aback by my sudden laughter.

"So...I don't know?" I laughed a little more.

He chuckled and shake his head at me. "You laugh at weird things, but at least it's better than you crying."

And that made me quiet all of a sudden.

"You should laugh more." He said. "It's more genuine. Your smile looks forceful."

"Thanks for insulting my smile." And I grinned.

"You have a beautiful smile when you're genuinely happy. I saw that this morning. Don't force yourself to be happy in a place where you are not."