Chapter 5

Music for this chapter- Fairytale by Yiruma.

Emily

After lunch, the whole school was buzzing about why Everett had approach me.

London wanted an explanation while Morgan give a snarky comment, that I didn't have to, if I didn't want to.

"You're such a good girl." London said to me. "Why would he approach you?"

And I don't know whether to feel insulted or not by her comment.

"Like it's any of our business." Morgan said to her.

I was glad when the teacher walked in, allowing me sometime to think through what explanation I could give to them or just London.

That was our last class and London waited for me to explain, but I was busy taking things in and out of my locker.

"We spoke briefly at the party." I said to her as I shoved the books that I needed to study in the weekend.

"Where?" She asked.

I shut my locker door. "It was just a brief talk." I said to her.

"Then why did he ask you to step out during lunch?"

I was going to correct her, that he didn't ask me in polite way to step out, but I kept my mouth shut.

"Are you coming tonight?" Two girls interrupted us and looked at London. That give me the opportunity to escape from her investigations.

I was on my way to the bus stop and I sighed in relief when I saw the two girls with whom I usually go home and come to school with, still standing there. At least, I didn't miss the bus otherwise I have to wait alone in the stop for another half an hour.

Someone pulled me back with my backpack and I see Everett glowering at me.

"My bus is coming. I can't talk." I explained to him and I know a lot of eyes was on us.

"Are you going to the party, tonight?" He asked out of the blue.

"No. I'm not." I said as I looked at the bus that was coming.

"Good." He said as he left my back pack and I ran to the bus stop and made it just in time.

"Was that Everett?" Bloom, who's a beautiful East Asian asked curiously. Her round glasses was big on her face. Her friend, Aaliyah who's from south Asia background give me the same look.

They are quiet in school, but on and our way back home. They talk a lot. They are both beautiful and smart. They don't talk to me in school, but they do when we are alone in the bus.

"Yes." I said.

"Are you two friends?" Bloom asked as she adjusted her glasses.

"No." I said.

"Is he bullying you then?" Aaliyah asked a little worried. She's adorable and I chuckled and shake my head a little.

I like talking to them, they're funny and nice.

"What are you doing tonight?" Bloom asked.

"Studying." I said.

"Me too." Bloom sighed. "But Aaliyah here, wanted to go to Jesper's party. We didn't know Everett threw a party last weekend and we missed it."

"Are you planning to go?" Aaliyah asked.

"No." I said giving them a sheepish look.

She sighed. "Maybe some other weekend."