Chapter 26

Emily

"Are you still going to that concert?" He asked.

"Yes." I said. "I can't change my mind now, Troy won't have anyone to go with."

"I could find someone." He said.

"Of course you can." I said thoughtfully. Everett does have many friends and maybe he can find a date for Troy, but I need Troy's permission. "Let's call Troy."

Troy picked up the call after few rings.

"If it isn't my baby girl calling me." Troy said at the end of the call and I smiled.

Everett raised one of his eyebrow at me and I give him a look.

"Are you sure you want to go to the concert with me?" I asked him.

"Do you have another option?" He asked.

"I have a friend who said he could look for a date for you.."

"Did you tell him about me.." he asked.

"No. It's not a secret of mine to share. That's why I'm calling you, if you would like."

There was a pause on the other side.

"Is he there?" He asked.

"Yes." I said looking at Everett who was watching me closely.

"I will call you back." Troy said and ended the call.

"What did he say?" Everett asked as soon as I put the phone down and before I could answer my phone vibrated and I see Troy video calling me.

I accepted the call and give him a confused look.

"About that offer, baby girl..." Troy started.

Everett didn't hide his annoyance as he looked at me.

"I would rather go with you than with anyone else."

I don't know why Troy was being so dramatic about it all of a sudden.

Everett came and stood behind me and leaned in front.

"Hello." He said to Troy.

Troy give him an amused look. "If it isn't the friend, my baby was talking about."

Everett raised one of his eyebrow. "I'm Everett."

Troy smirked on the other side of the phone. He have a lip ring on. Troy is a actually very handsome and have those bad-boy looks. He have couple of tattoos and piercings.

"Troy, but I believe you know that." Troy said. "Why would you want to find me a date when I already have one?"

"Em said it's not a date." Everett said and turned to look at me. Our nose was almost touching. We looked at each other for a moment

"It was not a date, but now it is." Troy laughed and I looked back at him.

What is he doing?

Everett was hesitant and quietly said an, "okay."

"We will pick you up at five-thirty, we can go for an early dinner." He said.

"Okay." I said to Troy. "I will see you tomorrow."

Everett seemed like an upset child after the phone call and I didn't know how to explain to him without giving out Troy's secret.

"It's not those kind of dates, it's like friend's date?" I hope that made a little sense, but judging by his pouty expression. I knew he didn't believe me.

"Then, can I take you out as well?" he asked and I give him a funny look.

"We can hang out, sure." I said. "Ain't we hanging out, now?"

"I want to take you out and have fun with you and be a better friend."

"Whatever makes you feel better." I said.

"That would definitely make me feel better." he said. "Do you like Troy?"

"I've known him for a while now and met him once for few hours. He seemed to be a nice person with great personality."

He sighed. "It seemed like one is not enough and there's second one."

"What?" I asked.

He shake his head a little.

Everett hesitantly left the house. He was here for most of the day, but was still reluctant to go.

"I'll see on Sunday?" he asked.

"Sure." I said.

He nuzzled my hair as he hugged me. "Have fun tomorrow."

"Thank you." I said to him.

During dinner, Dad asked me about Everett and was wondering how long we have been friends.

"Beginning of the senior year." I said. "We met at a party."

Dad nodded his head, "He seemed to have a liking on you."

And I almost choked on my foods.

"That's what I think, I don't know if he's always that affectionate to people or just you." he said, nonchalantly and I simply shrugged.

I would have never imagined talking about this topic with my Dad, but it seemed like everyday something unexpectant is taking place and I'm not sure what to think or feel about it.

Bloom made a group chat and included Morgan, Aaliyah and me in it. She updated me about the class assignments and news and the other classes, that none of them shared with me. Some of my classmates was nice enough to share details with them.

They asked me what I did and I told them Everett visited me.

"London was fussing in front of Evan." Morgan sent a text.

"And Evan put her back to her place." Aaliyah added.

There's always something going on in school, someone broke up, someone had a fight, someone spoke rudely to the teachers and the lists is endless.

Everett texted me at the same time while I was having a group chat with them and asked me what I was doing. He still want to chat even though we spoke a lot, today. I thought he would be bored by now after talking to me so much. I enjoy talking to him. I smiled as I messaged him back. I fell asleep while texting him and for the first time in a while, I didn't wake up with a nightmare.