Chapter 32

Emily

I was expecting some kind of reactions from him, but instead he glanced at me and said, "I know" and instead of him being in shock. I was the one who was in shock.

"How did you know that?"

"The other day when you thought I was asleep. I actually woke up and heard your confession. I want you to know, nothing has changed and I still like you." he pulled up in my driveway.

"That's because you don't know the real me. You have this idea or thinking about me, like you drew a picture of how I am.. if you get to know me- you won't be able to say the same thing."

"Then let me get to know you, allow me into your life and let me show you, you deserve to be love."

"You don't get to say if I deserve love or not." I was offended.

"We all deserve some kind of love, Em and no matter what you think or say. I will still like you."

"My Dad can't look me on my face without hating me." I said quietly.

"What do you mean?" he asked quietly as I looked at the garage door.

I feel like we always have harsh topic inside his car. The last conversation we had, we became strangers for a month or so...

"Maybe we should talk about this some other day." I said to him.

"You are going to leave me hanging like this after sharing your secret?" he was dumbfounded.

"The last time we spoke in a car, it didn't end that well."

He sighed. "I will pick you up after school tomorrow. We will go somewhere quiet, maybe to my place to talk."

I nodded my head. "Thanks for driving me home." I said and reached out for a hug. Its difficult to give one arm hug, but I won't complain about it.

He kissed my forehead when we pulled away. "I hope you'll have good dreams."

"I hope you'll have good dreams as well." I said to him and give him a small smile. He watched me walk to the front door and once he was sure I was inside, he pulled out of the drive-way.

My parents were not yet home. I took a shower and went to bed, and before falling asleep. I got a text from Everett.

"I forgot to thank you for sharing your deepest and darkest secret and I promise to keep it to myself. I hope you do know that I'm here for you. I hope you have a goodnight, beautiful. I will see you tomorrow. "

I smiled a little and fell asleep.

London seemed to have lost her position and popularity when I returned from the short leave from school, which was weeks back. I must have missed some drama.

Bloom did mentioned about London fussing, but I didn't know it was that bad, she even lost the people that she called friends. No one spoke to her or looked at her and I felt bad for her. When we bumped into each other- she just walk passed me without even glancing at me. Before she use to give me smug look or other looks and now seeing her impassive look, made me worry a little.

When I asked my friends, they said she should have seen that coming. Morgan said London was chasing popularity so much, that she chose meaningless things over meaningful parts.

But none of them shared what had happen.

"You shouldn't worry about her. I would worry about myself than her." Morgan said.

"She used to be our friends." I said to her.

Morgan was about to say something, but then she stopped herself.

During lunch break, Evan stopped by to say hi and then left to meet his friends in the cafeteria. He doesn't understand why we sit over here and not the cafeteria.

"What are you guys doing during Thanksgiving?" Morgan asked.

The coming Monday was Thanksgiving. That means we have long weekend.

"Dinner with my family." Bloom said.

"My family don't do much during thanksgiving." Aaliyah said and then they looked at me.

"I don't know.. maybe it will be family dinner plan for me as well." I said.

"How about we celebrate and go out for lunch? My dad won't be home during Thanksgiving." Morgan said.

"That's sad, lets do it." Aaliyah said.

And we all agreed.

"Did your lover boy looked for you today?" Morgan asked.

"Who?" I asked.

She playfully rolled her eyes at me.

"Everett who else? He looks at you like a lost puppy."

"He doesn't." I shake my head.

"He does, even when he was with London. His eyes are always on you." Bloom said. "I thought you knew about that. I don't know why he went out with her in the first place knowing he was not interested in her."

"And it doesn't make sense, he hated her and he knew how she treated you? He even made a scene in the hallway, saying she's the worse."

"This only means one thing." Morgan said and she looked at me. "He was trying to make you jealous."

The confident in her makes me wonder if its way too obvious or she's just making an assumption.

I wondered if it was a good idea to admit I knew how he felt, but I stopped myself from doing that.

"We don't really know how he feels, do we?" I asked.

Morgan eyes dropped to the floor and sighed.

"Dang it. That's true."

And she looked at me with her eyes wide open.

What?

Hands covered my eyes and I jumped a little.

"Guess who is it?" Bloom asked on my right.

It's definitely a male's hand. I could smell mint and Everett. Isn't he suspended?

"It can't be Everett, is it Everett." I asked putting my hands on his and moved his hand away and I turned around to see him.

Underneath his white parka jacket was a black shirt and he was wearing skinny jeans and boots. His hair was left messily in a good way.

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"I was bored at home." He said.

"You can still come to school when you're suspended?" I asked.

"It's lunch time now." He shrugged.

I shake my head a little as he put his arm on my shoulder and we faced our friends.

"What were you guys talking about? It seemed serious for a moment." Everett asked.

"We were talking about how we think you like her." Morgan smirked at him.

I thought he would deny it, but instead he said.

"Yes, I like her." He said. "What's not there to like about her?"

"We meant crush- like way." Bloom said.

Everett looked down at me for a moment and smiled at them.

"That's what I said. I like her- I like her more than a friend and I want us to be more than just friend."