Chapter 16

Emily

One Sunday afternoon, I was in a rush for my violin class. I was busy doing my online work, that I didn't notice the time. I was crossing the signal when I heard honking and shouts on the road, and I see a car swirling towards me.

It was the F3 moment, the fight-flight-freeze moment. I stood frozen and scared, until I felt someone arms around me and the next things I fell pain somewhere.

"Ow, that definitely hurts." I heard a male voice beside me.

And everything was blurry after that. The guy and I was in the ER. They scanned and checked us and found out that I fractured my left elbow, apart from that there was a scratch on my forehead. while he fractured his right elbow and leg as well.

It was an impaired driver, who managed to brake at the right moment.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yea." He said.

We both had to get splints for our broken bones.

They moved us to get our cast and contacted our family.

"Why would you do that?" I asked him.

The guy seemed older to me, he have a fair skin tone, with black hair and blue eyes.

"I didn't have anything much to do." He said and I frowned.

"It's a joke." He said. "Relax girl." And he rolled his eyes at me. "How can I let a pretty girl get hurt?"

I looked uncomfortable and tried saying something.

"Did I make you uncomfortable with my comment? You are beautiful, girl." He winked at me and added, "That person was stupid. Why would he drive when he's drunk? Such a bad decision."

"You got hurt as well, isn't that a bad decision?" I asked.

"I was able to save someone." He said. "That's what it matters to me."

"Thank you for risking your life for me." I said to him. "I owe you for lifetime."

"I don't do these things to make someone feel like they owe me something." He give me a smile and I returned one. "But what you can do is go with me to Charlie Puth's concert. My date cancelled on me."

I was flustered by his invite.

"I really thank you for risking your life, but.."

"Just to let you know.. I'm not interested in you in that way... I'm gay." He said. "I have an extra concert ticket, but no one wants to come with me. I'm not even asking you to pay me money for the ticket. I just want to go with someone. Is it that hard?" He sounded frustrated at the end.

"Sure, I will come. When is it?"

"The next weekend."

"Are you sure you can make it?" I looked at his state.

"We'll manage." He winked.

His parents walk in first, his parents was concerned and kept asking if he was okay.

"I'm okay, mum." He said. "It's just some broken bones." The way he said it so casually was concerning.

"What if something would have happened to you?" His mom started crying.

"I want to apologize." I said quietly. "He's like that because he tried saving me from an impaired driver."

That's when his parents noticed me with surprise.

"I did a heroic act, mum." Troy said, proudly.

His mom wiped her tears and came to my bed. "Are you okay?" She asked looking at me with concerned.