Chapter 33

Emily

"Did you just confess you like her?" Aaliyah squealed a bit.

"There's no denying of feelings." He said looking down at me as he met my eyes. "I'm not going to pretend that I don't like you, more than a friend way."

"So she knows how you feel?" Bloom asked.

"I asked her out numerous time, she's not ready and I'm not going to force anyone." Everett said.

I was suddenly uncomfortable at all the eyes on me. Everett pulled me and turned me around and hugged me.

"But, I can give her lots of my love." He laughed hiding me from all the stares. "If she doesn't want to return it, that's fine. I will just give her lots of loves."

"Isn't it like forcing your love on someone?" Morgan asked.

They were talking as if I was not there.

"Am I?" He sounded thoughtful for a while.

"She may be forced to like you back, idiot." Morgan said.

"If I'm showing you way too much affection and you're not comfortable with it. Please do let me know." He said quietly to me. "I don't want you to feel uncomfortable being around me. That's the last thing I want you to feel about me."

Everett left the premises few minutes before lunch was over. He shouldn't have been here in the first place.

"I can't believe Everett was so straightforward about it." Aaliyah said.

"That was romantic." Bloom said and I give her a weird look.

"What?" Bloom asked. "At least he didn't deny it in front of us. I know some people who denies it in front of friends and people."

I didn't say anything.

After school ended, I met Evan who was standing near my locker and looking around.

"There you are." he give me a wide smile, which I returned immediately. This boy is a ball of sunshine. He's always laughing and smiling, he's way more optimistic than Bloom.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"I heard Everett is waiting in the parking lot for someone. Is he here for you?" He give me a knowing look.

"Yes, we are hanging out after school."

"Just hanging out?" he give me a smirk. "Where are you guys going?"

"I think you get lots of joy in teasing him." I said.

"I never got a chance to tease him when I was younger, so this is kind of like making up for all the time he teased me." he rolled his eyes.

"How long have you known him from?"

"I have known him since diaper days, we went to the same childcare and our families know each other, we used to have play dates and stuffs during the weekend. He used to study in private school, but for high school he decided to join the public school." he shrugged.

"Why did he decide to come to a public school?" I asked.

"That I don't know." he said as he leaned near the locker. "Maybe if you ask him, he will tell you."

"Why are you here anyway? Don't you have practice or do something?"

"I heard from Bloom you guys are planning some thanksgiving get-together." he sounded genuinely excited.

"Yes. We were talking about it, but we didn't make any plans yet. We just know it will be lunch." I shrugged.

"That sounds perfect." he said grinning. "Do Everett know about you?"

"Not yet. I thought it was a girl's day out." I shrugged.

"That poor boy." he said with a smile. "Let me tell him about that plan."

I shake my head, whatever he's thinking, I don't know if I should be worried about it.

Bloom and Aaliyah showed us beside us.

"Heard you have a date with Levi?." Bloom nudged me, gently.

"It's not a date." I said.

"He's waiting, you should go." Aaliyah said.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." I waved them, good-bye.

Everett was leaning on a red Audi sport's car. He have his ray ban sunglasses on. Some people have gathered around him and was talking to him. I walked quietly toward him, unsure if I should interrupt him.

He saw me walking towards him. I saw him smile and said something to the people around him and they all turned to look at me.

Everett reached out to hold my hand. "I was going to come in, soon." he smiled.

"I was talking to Evan." I said.

"Of course." he said and shake his head with a smile. He opened the door for me and helped me with my seat-belt, even though I could do it by myself, now.

"I hated so much when Evan was helping you with the belt." he muttered quietly. He waved the group off before getting on the car. His car was warm and he turned on the seat heat. He reached behind the car and handed me a bag and I give him a confused look as I opened the bag. He bought me macaroons and I grinned.

"What's with the macaroon?" I asked taking out the box.

"I went to a Café and I was told they have the most delicious macaroons and I thought you would like it." he shrugged and give me his rare shy smile.

"Thank you. Can I try one?" I asked. I was not sure if he would appreciate me eating in his car.

"Of course, yes." he said.

I opened the box that have a cute bow on it. There were twelve macaroon inside the box.

"The flavours are written inside the box's lid." he said.

I picked the pistachio flavour macaroon and took a bite and my eyes widened. He was glancing at me for reaction. It was delicious.

"Do you want to try this?" I asked him. "Are you comfortable with sharing foods?"

"I don't usually share foods, but you are an exception." he glanced at me quickly before looking in front.

His eyes widened as he took a bite of the macaroon.

"Damn." his eyes widened. "Its delicious."

"Right." I said. "Well, you discovered a new place for good macaroons, today." I grinned and he chuckled.

He drove to the familiar neighbourhood and I know we will be reaching his place, soon.

"What did you do today apart from visiting the school and Café?" I asked.

"Mr. Harper made me do some stuffs as a punishment for getting suspended."

"Can he make you do work?" I asked.

"He basically raised me up and I see him more often than my Dad, and I really look at him like a father-figure." He shrugged. "It's not bad, he made me peel garlics. He said it will help me be more patient." he laughed and it was a happy laugh. I'm glad at least he have an adult in his life that he can go to.