Chapter 8

Emily

So far, my new friendship with my new friends have been extraordinary and different compared to London and Morgan. I shouldn't be comparing friendships or relationships with past because everyone is different and have different way of showing friendships or relationships.

Even though, we may not be friends anymore. I enjoyed spending time with them even though they might not have felt the same way.

Everett waits for me near my locker every single morning after that day. He asked me about how my night went and we had small talks. It's not like we are best-friends. He doesn't sit with us every single lunch, but he tries to. He have other friends to hang out with.

"How was your night?" He asked.

Apart from a bad dream, "It was good. How about you? How was your practice yesterday?"

"It was good." He grinned. "What are you doing this evening?"

Before I could answer, two jocks approached us.

"Hey buddy, are you coming tonight?" They asked him and give me a quick smile.

"No. I have family dinner, tonight." Everett said.

"Sucks man." The shorter one with blond hair said.

"It's always the same." Everett shrugged.

"What about you? Are you coming?" The taller one asked as he put his elbow on the shorter one's shoulder.

"I don't think she is.." Everett looked at me.

"Actually I am." I tell them.

Everett's face turned into a frown.

"Then we will see you tonight." The tall guy winked and give a salute to Everett before leaving.

"Who are you going with?" Everett asked.

"Bloom and Aaliyah." I said. "We have planned this for a while."

"Don't go this week, Evan is throwing one next week." He said with a grim expression.

"We already made plans and Aaliyah is excited." I said hesitantly.

"It's not a good idea." He said to me. "I won't be there."

"You are not my body-guard." I tried to lighten the mood, but when I noticed his unfazed expression. I frowned. "Everett, it's not your job to protect me all the time."

"I know." He said. "I just don't feel comfortable with you and a house full of h*rny people."

"I will be safe. I promise." I said.

"Call me if you need a ride home. Yes?" He asked.

"I will." I promised.

During lunch, Aaliyah, Bloom and I was in the hallway discussing our evening. It was getting colder outside and we thought of just staying indoor. All the table in the cafeteria was taken and we had no choice but to stay in the hallway.