Swift

The days seemed to fly by, training had become intense. If she was going to win one of the biggest Tournaments then she had to spend all her time focused and on the task at hand. Training. She had her fun while out on the journey, where she meet many people and Pokemon, some of whom she still keep in contact with. After having gotten back she relaxed, being in the Town of SunnyShore she took to the secret clove she knew of form her childhood, where she and her Pokemon could relax a bit. Screw the crowded beaches that were oh so popular. Coming home to the laughter of Flint and Volkner, having come to welcome her home and instead been meet with a very red, and now angry, hard boiled Krabby. After the ensuing chase and pounding they received, the subject of said Tournament came up, a battle plan had been formed. They both would help.

"Hey SunnySide, your not paying attention again. You've got your head up in the clouds again."

Volkner stood to the side of his cousin as she stopped jump roping with her Jolteon. He crossed his arms as she gave him a glare for such an accusation.

"I was focused. Until you interrupted."

The girl's Jolteon watched as each talked, flicking her head back and forth form each one.

"Any ways, It's time for a break. You've been at it all day. Sure Nyx is feeling it by now."

Volkner changed subject before a heated arguement could form. His cousin had been a little snippy lately, he figured due to the Tournament almost upon her. That the anticipation was getting to her.

"Ok, Ok..."

She sighed. Rubbing the back of her head, looking down at Nyx, who was still flicking her head back and forth between the two, then stopped to stare at her as if she knew what she was going to say. Then she grin, the toothy kind.

"Volkner, Don't forget bout tomorrow."

He looked confused suddenly. Blond hair covering his eyes as he dipped down, chest and shoulders suddenly convulseing. Slowly riseing back up to show he was laughing at her.

"I wouldn't dare."

Was all he said before they started back to the gym they inhabited.

----------The Next Morning----------

"Do you think SunnySide has improved at all? She's been at it for months now?"

Volkner sat at the bar watching as Flint cooked breakfast, as he did whenever he was over early enough. Flint returned a smile, knowing his best friend was just worried for nothing. Always ever since she had come into his life all those years ago.

"Like you said. She's been at it for months, non stop. We've had to literally drag her in to take a break, make sure she was taking care of herself just as she was taking care of her Pokemon. When the moment comes the potential will show itself."

He turned back to the eggs before they could burn, adding cheese and bits of meat to it. Scrambled, just like always. The electric Gym Leader sighed knowing the red head was right.

"About time for her to come down any way."

He stood to go and fetch the girl in question, standing at the bottom of the stairs, cupping his hands round his mouth.

"SUNNY BREAKFAST!!!"

They waited to hear the sound of shuffleing feet on the floor, the curse that it was to cold. The dropping of the alarm clock as her hand scurried over the end table to find something that was never there. But nothing. It was dead silent. He tried again.

"BLOSSOM BREAKFAST!!!"

Confused and a tad worry starting to rear it's ugly head, weld within his mind. He took the steps two at a time, knocked on her door and then entered when he was meet with more silents. It was simple, the room was empty. Turning on his heel, scratching his head as he mad his way down. Back to the kitchen where he was meet with the table already set and the girl he was looking for. Sitting with Flint, both stared at him, waiting.

"When did? How did?"

The questions feel out of his open mouth as he meet her eyes. They gleamed far more then they had in months. Before the training and before the beach day. She had fallen into a slump that she seemed to not be able to crawl out of. But now they shined with a passion that had a new spark.

"Never mind."

They both watched as she wuffed down her breakfest and sat quietly stareing at the both of them. In time they finished theirs all the while still beig watched. She even volenteered to wash the dishes. They had another cup of coffee and waited on her, time to time looking at each othe runtil Flint burst out laughing. In turn caused Volkner to laugh and then for Blossom to turn an look at them, woundering what was so funny.

"Finally?"

The question hung in the air as they made their way out back where targets had been set up around an within the battle field. The girl took to the left, the man took to the right. She hoped foot to foot, excited. He nodded to her drawing out a red and white sphere. She did the same.

"Alright SunnySide, show me the progress of all your training. Go RhineStone."

He threw the sphere, the cream yellow creature emerged. Needle tipped fur stood on end as she prepared for the challenge ahead.

"JOLT!"

His opponent took out her little sphere, whispering something to it, then throwing it as well.

"Let's Go, Nyx."

Her pale yellow creature emerged, strikeing a confident pose. Glared down the feild at the older female. She puffed her chest out more, relaxed her furry needles, so they swade in the breeze blowing by. She rolled her shoulders, then suddenly started sparking. Flint grined at the two, this was gonna be good. He raised his oice so both could hear.

"Alright, the terms are a little different. Targets will be scored on number of hits and accurately. As for the opposing side, take'em down."

No one moved. Each Trainer waited, digging heels into the minerals of the earth. Each Jolteon pawed at the ground, sparks comeing off each one. Muscles tightly twitching form the flow of power. Suddenly a sharp cry form both Wingull and Starly was all it took for Nyx to take off, not a word form Blossom. Volkner ditracted by them nearly missed Nyx finishing the move, his only indication.

"Double Team then Discharge, Nyx."

Many Nyx appeared, all sparking, charging for the attack.

"Protect, RhineStone."

RhineStone did as commanded, the sphere appearing round her as the bolts shot at the targets, missing her completely. The look of shock upon Volkners face brought nothing but a grin to Blossom's face as nearly all the targets in the vasinity were taken out. Parts of the ground that had been hit left trenchs of uneven terrian.

'She charged up, then unleashed full force, which cost her range. All to take out the targets closest, forcing the battle into her favor. Clever girl.'

His slack jaw expression tightened into a smirk as he gave direction to RhineStone, her feet hit the ground running, up and down the trenchs.

"Agility, then Swift, take'em all down."

Blossom gritted her teeth, biteing her bottom lip. Nyx was waiting, should she follow the plan or take new action?

"Nyx Follow suit, Use swift aim at her legs."

"JOLT!!"

Nyx gave a cry chargeing at the older female, unleashing her attack. Missing completely as she maneuver outta the way. Nyx then aimed again, hitting a few targets instead.

"RhineStone turn and fire back."

Volkner took a gamble hopeing that she would follow, it had paid off.

"Quick use swift!"

Stars collided as both sides used the same attack, each caught in the blast. The forceful pulse that followed sent them each flying, knocking them both for a loop.

"Can you keep going Nyx?"

"Jolt!"

"Great work RhineStone, great work."

"Eon?"

Releaseing baited breath Flint called for a cease fire. Checking both Pokemon over, fine, Just shaken up.

"Well that was a nice try SunnySide."

"Ahahahah, nice try. your funny."

Volknr spoke as he petted RhineStone. He was issueing an unspoken challenge. She had accepted.

"I clearly hit more targets, RhineStone only hit the right feild side."

"That maybe true but her Swift was far stronger, how else would she have sent herself and her oppent flying?"

"Some attack, she couldn't even knock Nyx out, it was obviously Nyx's Swift that caused the blast."

Both yellow foxes flicked their heads back and forth as their Trainers argued, words spewing like lighting. Flint's grin spread form ear to ear, he wouldn't tell them it was a draw for fear of turning their wrath upon him. He settled for calling the Jolteon over for a well deserved treat. Volkner and Blossom could still be heard arguing the further the three traveled.

"Na-huh!"

"Ahhh-huh!"

"Na-huh!"

"Ahhh-huh!"