Divided

The train ride had been long, too long. The girl's butt had become numb form the old timely sits, made of wood. Surprised trains this old still ran. She was heading to Anville Town, proud town where trains came for an over haul. In her opinion, they had missed one. The whistle blew, signaling that they were close to getting off. She watched as the scenery slowed form flying by. Trees covered the lands surrounding the tiny town, most likely many Pokemon as well. Maybe after she finished with her meet up she might explore a bit, maybe find a new Pokemon or two. The train pulled to a stop, she stood.

"Char?"

She looked down at the little fire lizard, who had tugged at her pants. He grinned at her, tiny arms held up. She bent over letting him crawl up and around her neck., his favorite spot. He looked round as she made her way off the train station, passing not to many people or Pokemon. He bobbled along as her feet carried them over the bridge, that covered over some of the tracks. Looking left they saw where the trains pulled in to be worked on, stopping and stareing as one was spun round and pulled into one of the many tunnels. Continuing on their way, heading to an old tea house, where they were to have their meet up.

"Mmmmmmander? Char, Charmander?"

He pointed as an older lady shuffled up to them. Her face wrinkled with age, smiling as she approached.

"Hello deary, can I get you anything?"

Smiling back she thought for a moment. Tea houses useually have dumplings and tea, but not much else.

"Can I get some tea and a round of dumplings?"

"Coming right up, deary."

The older woman shuffled away, takeing her time as she made her way back inside. It was nearing afternoon, the younger lass having taken the night train, not having slept to well. She yawned, stretching, shaking herself, along with the charmander curled round her neck.

"I hope their good, ehh Soot?"

"Char!"

Soot slide down her arm onto the bench then made his way to the ground as he wandered a bit away form her. He was nearly 3 years old now, seemed just like yesterday that she had been asked to take care of the egg. His two uncles, Thyme and Bone, were worried, when she had first taken it. Their Trainers both saying it would give them all a reason to meet up more, which was who they were meeting today. It did little to change how busy each one was, they meet when they could and hung out as much as possible. Thyme and Bone were both fully grown, fully evolved Charizards, some fifteen plus years old. Each time they visited they did as much as possible with little Soot as they could, both getting angry the other was hogging him. Often leading to a fire breathing brawl, which Soot tried to copy, then his Uncles would encourage him to keep going, which turned out to be Dragon Rage instead of a fire move like they had been doing. It was weird, neither of them knew that move, so maybe neither was his real dad? Maybe just maybe...

"Sawyer, early as always."

"Hey, girls!"

Both Charizards landed quietly, only grunting to each other as their Trainers hoped off. Bending down to greet Soot as he ran over to do the same.

"Mander? Char, char-char!!"

"Raaawr."

"Rrrrrrrr."

Trainers high-fived, grinning, grabbing the others into a group hug. Squeezeing tightly, since it had been so long, six months or so. All three started chatting at once, eager to say what new thinsg had happened. They all giggled, like they were in school again.

"Excuse me, deary. I've your order."

"Let me take that, thanks."

"Anytime. Can I get you ladies anything?"

"Same, but double the dumplings for me."

"Same, but water instead."

"Of course, dears. It'll be just a minute."

Taking a seat at the bench they all glanced at their Pokemon. Soot was taking turns sliding down each one's back, roaring at the sky before he did so. Laughing, they started chatting away, glancing the Pokemon's way every now then to make sure everything was ok. The older lady eventually brought out their orders, eating and enjoying each other company.

"So Rosebe, Whose the new boy toy? Don't think I didn't see that post last month on 'Widget', spill the beans."

The girl in question, puckered her lips in a pout. Not liking the tone of voice, she had a right to post as she pleased. She shook her head, earning a frown form the demander.

"Charlie FlashBang, as he introduced himself. Had a nice...... Motorcycle, if you know what I mean."

Laughter erupted as she smirked at them, a look a disbelief came over her face. Scowling, she took a mouthful of dumpling. Unbelievable that they would laugh at her. her eyes lite up as an idea formed in her head, her mouth still full.

"Wha bow wou, Kia?"

"Yea Akia, what bout you? Heard you were still dating that last guy form the trip to Orange Isles."

Akia grinned, giving a victory sign. The other two groaned. He was so annoying, the way he laughed or talked or even droned on about nothing in particular. they shivered as they remember.

"Dumped his ass."

Rosebe gave a look of disbelief as she point a finger at her, accusingly.

"It was the snort, wasn't it."

It was a statement not a question. Akia hand a bad habit of claiming she found the right one, then turned around and dumped him for stupid or silly reasons. Rosebe was no better, she called it mixing it up, switching relationships so often. Only way anyone could get a glimpse was to check her 'Widget' profile for pictures, it was as if she lived on there. The two glowered a each other, then as if both reliseing there was one more that had yet to be on the roasting table.

"Sawyer..."

She was in for it now, hateing when this subject came up. Her friends were always onto her bout it, tring to coax her to a night club. Her face went bright red as a thought came to mind. Her cheeks were poked.

"Ooooooooo your remembering an't'cha? Fun wasn't it?"

Rosebe poked just a little harder as her hand was battled away.

"Noooo..."

Akia grin, remembering being told bout it. She would have loved to have seen Sawyer's face, but she missed it.

"Heh-heh, wasn't it "The Pulse"?"

Rosebe couldn't grin any harder if she tried. Tormenting Sawyer like that was always fun, especially when she was as red like an Tamoto berry.

"Shut up, Shut up. Don't. Ever. Bring. That. Up. Again."

Teeth grinding, she growled each word. She hated how they always brought it up, teaseing, even if in good fun. But wasn't that what friend were for, so how could she stay mad at them. She turned smirking at them. It was gonna be a good afternoon.

----------Late Afternoon----------

The three girls had been talking for hours, they left behind the simple tea house, after paying. Makeing their way outta town, to a open feild. Thyme, Bone and Soot all followed not far behind. The girls took their place next to each other, starting up another chatty sesstion. Ignoreing it again, Soot followed after hi Uncle's, who had some how gotten away form him, it frightened him a bit, maybe they didn't care any more. Fat tears formed in his eyes, blurring his vision, casueing him to tumble and be left behind.

"Mmmmmaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddduurrrr!!!"

Sawyer heard the noise first, jerking a look over at Soot almost jumping up when Akia grabbed her.

"Let Thyme or Bone handle it, they don't see him enough, this will be good for them to bond."

"I don't-mmmmmmmmm"

She watched as Bone turned back to the little lizard, finally noticeing, then turned back to her friends allowing them to handle it.

"Soot? S'goin on? Did'ya fall?"

The orange gaint stomped over to the fallen lizard, bending over to inspect him. Thyme tromped over to also investigate.

"Don't be baby'n the boy, Trainer dose it 'nough. Get on up, Soot. Stand'self up."

Soot clamped down on his muzzle, tring hard to stop crying, feeling as if his Uncle's were yelling at him. He did as told, slowly.

"An't baby'n him. Just mak'in sure his fine."

"See his fine. Standing on his own. See how his she-human jumped up, if she had done that he wouldn't have done it himself."

He heard his Uncle's speaking of his trainer, she just did it differetly, she wasn't like them. Not able to breathe fire or fly. He had seen it many times, she needed help just like he did.

"She-humans different Thyme."

"Maybe she shouldn't be his."

"Don't talk like that in front of the boy-"

"I speak any way I please, back off! She good for nothing, especially not him."

"An't doin'n him any good to raise yer voice or speak ill of his Trainer, espically in frount of him."

Thyme was speaking ill of Sawyer, his Trainer, and she couldn't understand them. How could he, when he help choose her in the first place? Why? he didn't understand. She had raised him, his uncle only came round when his She-human came round, so he was outta place speaking like that when he wasn't there himself.

"Your mean Uncle Thyme!!"

"What did you say Soot?!"

"You've got no place when you don't know her. especially when your not around as much as she is."

"Don't raise your voice or get smart with me, boy."

"I DON'T EVER WHAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!"

His name was called, but he refused to answer either of his Uncles. He ran back to the Trainers, taking shelter on Sawyer neck. Confusion was on all their faces. Sawyer did the only thing she could think of, pet his chin. She stroked it slowly, he turned his muzzle into her neck. She could feel the tears run down his cheeks. Something happened, and she didn't know what she could do. Looking up at the two Charizard, scanning Bone, but locking eyes with Thyme, who glared. Looking out the corner of her eye at Soot, then back at him, it dawned on her. He never did like the way she treated Soot, especially since Charizard were proud Pokemon. She watched as Thyme shook his head then growled something at Bone. What little family had been built was now divided.