Shattered

"No peeking Uncle Flint!!"

"Alright, alright."

He covered his eyes with his hands, satisfying the little girl. He cracked his fingers a bit, watching her look round.

"I don't hear you count'n Uncle Fl-NO PEEKING!!!"

"HEEH!!! OW!! Now that's uncalled for!"

He hoped on one foot while holding the other up, as if it would make the pain go away. Itty bitty snickering could be heard form the girl.

"Your cheating, means I can hit you."

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10..."

Sound of tiny feet faded away as numbers were listed off. The older red haired male took his time, knowing the tiny girl would need a bit of extra time. She was the age of 6, dashing on short legs. He grinned, loving to visit his best friend, Volkner and his cousin, Blossom. She was adorable and hated being called as such. With her large curious child eyes and toothy smile. She especially loved playing with both of their Pokemon RhineStone and Maroon, a Jolteon and Flareon. Watching them play reminded him of his time traveling with Volkner. How they would battle and test each other, how they always tie. Before they would know it she would be old enough to travel on her own, with her own starter and out about training. Maybe even coming to them and beating them.

"11... 12... 13... 14... 15... 16... 17... 18... 19... 20..."

He heard cabinets open and close, laundry being moved or dropped on the floor, no doubt left there, a yelp and yip or two form some of the Pokemon as they were climbed on, pounced on or even jumped on. It was a musical of different sounds, whimsical if you will. All coming together to make a weirdly combination of almost bearable conundrum.

"21... 22... 23... 24... 25... 26... 27... 28... 29... 30-HERE I COME!"

Uncovering his eyes to the now brightly light room. Walking the way her foots steps had faded. Looking under tables, chairs, behind sofas. Until his ears meet with a sound unlike the rouge of earlier. It sounded as if something had broken. He came to were he had heard it form.

"Oh no! Ow!"

He peaked round, seeing as the little girl tried to pick up the pieces of what appeared to be broken glass of sorts, cut her self and was now biteing on her hand. He stepped form around the corner.

"Blossom?"

"Your not suppose to find me yet!"

She stood up trying to cover the glass with her body, holding her hand behind her back. He causeully walked over as if not seeing the glass.

"But I did finish counting, so yes I can."

"But I'm not ready."

"You set the rules not me. And since I found you fair and square how bout you tell me what happened."

"Nothing."

"Then why is there glass every where? Why are you holding your hand behind your back?"

She looked to the side, eyes down cast, shrugging.

"You know what I think?"

She shrugged again, eyes meeting his at least.

"I think someone doesn't want to get in trouble, that maybe it was an accident."

"But it was!"

"Tell you what, tell me what happened or you can tell Volkner. Who would you rather tell."

"I didn't mean to, I was crawling up on to of the bookshelf and it wobbled and then fell."

Flint face palmed, of course. She always had to climb high or something. He rubbed his temples, hearing her sniffle.

"I'll clean this up, you have until I finish doing that before I come find you, and when I do, I win."

He watched as the tears dried instantly, a toothy grin spread cross her face as she ran off. She had done it again, suckered him again. He grabbed the broom and pan, seeing up.

'Clever girl.'

She always played them, course it was their fault to a point. He dumped the contents into the garbage, going to set them back in place.

"Opss... Flint!"

He froze, head drooping as he walked over to where she had called him from.