✔ | 4 - 𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒔 '𝒌𝒊𝒕𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒚'?

𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 '𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐲'?

- - -
Oh it's your light, oh it's your way
Pull me out of the dark, just to shoulder the weight

Closer to Love
~Mat Kearney
- - -

"Hello girls" the man in front of them smiles, somehow making it seem both mocking and welcoming. 

"Who are you?" is the first thing that Kat blurts out. She looks around for Zach or Stefan but none show themselves. Elena, however, gathers herself faster than her twin and smiles hesitantly "We- We're sorry for barging in, the door" she turns behind to confidently point at the front door but deflates with narrowed eyes "....was open"

Damon smirks again at Elena "Straight hair— hm, you must be Elena... and that'll make you be Katherine. I'm Damon, Stefan's brother." 

Kat plasters a smile on her suspicious face and nods, this man seems to find something very funny. "Damon..." she lets the familiar name roll off her tongue with furrowed brows. "Stefan didn't tell me he had a brother" Elena staggers beside her twin, holding on to the strap of her purse nervously. 

"He said he didn't talk to his siblings" Kat defends, still gazing around at the archaic-looking house. She's never been in here, only the outside and boy does the house heighten expectations.

Damon's smirk never drops an inch "Ah, Stefan's not one to brag"

"No wonder why" Kat mumbles sarcastically, only to have him catch the comment with a sharp non-appreciative look. 

"Please," he smiles widely "-come... I'm sure Stefan will be along any second"

They tread forward, and the girls stop with mildly gaping eyes. "Wow. This is your living room?"

 This is your living room?"