ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝑩𝒆𝒕?

[Episode 27 - Kill or be Killed]

"So, I'm, technically, the, Katherine Pierce's! Sister!" Violet punches the tree yet again and again. The Sunday morning sun is rising above the trees.

Alaric Saltzman huffs out a sigh as he places a hand over her exerted shoulder "Kat..."

She turns behind with a glare but it softens at the sight of her almost-father figure. 

"Violet is Katherine's sister name, somewhat, and Kat is the doppelbitch's name" she finishes with a breath.

"Okay... Do you still wanna punch trees and watch your knuckles heal or..."

The Guardian chuckles "Got it. You want a change. What did you have in mind"

Alaric's eyes eyes light up as he goes to his car and removes the brown net over the elder Gilbert's childhood hobby. He might or might not have taken tips from Elena.

"Oh my God. Ric..."

"It's yours"

The girl stalks her fingertips over the intricate wooden grip of a wooden bow, her green eyes unsure and wide "Ric, I-I can't, I can't take this. It''s, i-it's-"

"You don't like it?"

"No! N-No, it's just that, you've been very helpful these days and I don-t kno-"

"Kat..." he stops her rambling gently with a small smile coating his scruffed face "I want you to have it"

She bites her lip with a hesistant innocent smile "You... sure?"

In answer, the History teacher takes hold of the bow and quiver full of arrows, holding them out to the girl who might have been his daughter in any other life. "I carved this out myself. It's for you"

She squeals and wraps him in a hug, it's just one more way Alaric Saltzman has helped her these past few days. Her dad used to take her to archery and shooting practice. It's just fitting that she resume it under the supervision of this vampire-hunter.

"Now, getting to the, uh, more venting techniques, I need 5 laps around this clearing, then you can practice targets"

"Can I practice now? Pleeease?"

"You can't get to me Gilbert, laps now!" he orders and Kat playfully rolls her eyes, starting to run the said laps.

"Faster! I'm not getting any younger!"

"Okay! Okay!" she pushes harder, but smiling.

▹▹▹

The whole supernatural gang is at the Town Square, contributing to the Historical Society Volunteer Day. The younger Salvatore and the elder Gilbert take up painting on one side of the public park, Elena and Caroline are on the punch stand on the other side.

Katherine 1864 had made Caroline her spy, none of them knew how, but each one had their own theory. Kat continues taking some paint on her brush when 2 names in a familiar voice catches her ear 

"Damon and Stefan Salvatore" Mason Lockwood is talking to Sheriff Forbes.

"That's impossible. I know Damon Salvatore. Do you know what he's done for this town?" she defends and the Guardian nudges Stefan and points to her ear with a raised brow.

"I know it's a lot to digest"

"No. I watched him kill vampires. He's an ally; he's part of the Council"

"Think about it..." Mason drills harder "When did the vampire attacks begin? When Damon and Stefan Salvatore moved to town?"

Kat abandons her brush and starts walking towards the duo, when the Salvatore stops her with a warning shake of his head.