ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ - 𝑻𝒚𝒍𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝑹𝑽

[Episode 35 - Daddy Issues]

The news reporter drones on about a Memorial organised by Carol Lockwood when Damon comes out of the bath, freshly showered and no more worried about Kat Gilbert. Because she's standing right in front of him with a sheepish tilt of her lip "Sorry"

"Katherine Violet Gilbert" Damon says with a glare and his face scrunches up at the absurdity of what he thought he'll do.

She hugs him, wet and all "I said I'm sorry"

"Don't think I'm ever letting you use magic ever again" he holds her by the shoulders. Just then, Stefan Salvatore chooses the perfect moment to enter without knocking. He looks between them and turns around "Sorry"

"No no! Stefan, it's okay... I was going anyway" she staggers up and about, snatching the glass in his hand and gulping it down, only then realising "Vervain in your whiskey? In the morning?"

Damon speaks from behind "Good, you're a non-witch for the day"

"You've been practising magic?" Stefan brows furrow.

"Just a bit" she forces the next gulp down bravely, making a small hole through her lips to let out the burn of vervain.

"Bit enough to make you faint Kat?" Damon glares, making Stefan's eyes widen "How are you now? You should have told me!"

"Just woke up, really" Kat assures him "I'll catch up, but I need to go home and search for ways to save Elena, the usual" she winks and goes out before Stefan can tell her what's waiting for her at her house.

▹▹▹

"Jenna! Coffee..." Kat yawns a bit more as she comes down the stairs in her house an hour later. The living room was empty when she came home so went ahead and took a long shower.

"Morning Kat... Jenna's asleep, but here's your coffee"

John. John fricking Gilbert, her asshole of a biological father is holding out a coffee mug to her at 9 in the morning.

"Um, what are you doing here?"

He looks at her with raised eyebrows, making her amend "Oh, I'm sorry, hi, how are you, and what the fuck are you doing here?"

"I'm here to protect you and your sister. That's all I can say for the moment..."

"What do you mean that's all you can say?" her face scrunches up incredulously "And how the fuck did you know about the... situation?"

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you" 

Elena comes down, fluffing her hair straight. At the same time, Jenna comes rushing from her room.

"Oh God, I'm late!" she ties her hair, skipping a step and almost falling down. Alaric looks at the Guardian with an amused face "That's what she gets for hitting the snooze three times!"

Her aunt notices John a bit later, but when she does, she comes to an absolute halt with a scrunched up face and narrowed eyes "What the hell?"

More like - welcome to Hell.

"Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric..." he nods with a small smile. 

"It's okay I'm confused, right?" she looks between the twins with shock and turns to the 'uncle', "Because we were not expecting you, like," she huffs "ever"

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in"

This causes both, Kat and Jenna to swivel their heads towards the unfortunate twin who shrugs with wide eyes.