✔ | 12 - 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰 𝑺𝒂𝒊𝒅?

𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐝?

- - -
I walk in like a dime piece
I go straight to V.I.P.
I never pay for my drinks
My entourage behind me

Me Too
~Meghan Trainor
- - -

Two days later, the Town Square was teeming with residents and cars alike as the midafternoon Virginian sun roasted everyone. Banners declaring the 'Sexy Suds Car Wash' were hanging down from every lightpost and pillar. The name was a bit odd, but Caroline wasn't budging on it unlike her allowance for Elena to not wear a bikini. And Kat had to use her puppy-dog eyes to make Caroline relent.

But all would good, as the funds raised were going to be deposited for the Welfare Committee of the Whitemore Orphanage.

Kat's flip-flops squeak along the concrete as she rushes around the makeshift washing stations. She kept the best job to herself, barking orders at the other thumb-sucking Queen Bitch wannabees. It made her feel some sort of control on her life, because nothing else seemed to be going her way these days. 

Stefan was back with Elena (thanks to Kat), Jenna seemed about ready to have hate-sex with Logan (thanks to Elena) and lastly, Tyler wasn't talking to her. Ever since Tyler's parents ruined the Lockwood name for Vicki, she had been avoiding Tyler and growing closer to Jeremy. And Kat did not have much time in between vampire handling and Caroline's planning to make Tyler speak to her.

Something in the darkest corner of her mind made Kat wonder if she was using Tyler as a distraction, from Stefan. She was terrified to realise that ever since she had met Stefan, her time with Tyler had decreased. It had been weeks since she spent a movie night with Tyler, or Matt for that matter. But the moment Stefan had abandoned her, she remembered the boys. 

Kat shakes out of her thoughts to face the girls behind her. She notices Elena there too, in her functional unbuttoned tank tee and shorts. 

"Alright people," Kat bellows, "There will be no friend discounts. No freebies. No pay-ya-laters."

She points the girls to their stations and duties, leaving Elena by her side to talk. But before she can make any conversation, Stefan comes up from behind Elena, hugging her.

"Hey!" Elena giggles. The sound that Elena made, made Kat want to scrunch up her nose; her twin's boy-sickness somehow made Kat despise how unreal it looked on her face.

Kat smiles at Stefan, leading the couple to a black car that Caroline was waiting near with her own clipboard. Caroline's blue eyes narrow in a master glance, skimming over Elena and Stefan's outfits with a disappointed glance. Kat told her that Elena was choosing to dress down for today, but she never expected Elena to really dress down.