ᴏɴᴇ - 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝑯𝒖𝒉?

[Episode 23 - The Return]

Elena explains Stefan our missing dress problem as we climb up the porch steps. I hear grunting inside the house and frown. I rush inside to find an empty hallway.

But the grunting comes from the kitchen so I speed there... to see my birth father bleeding down on the floor, with a knife in his stomach "O my God, John!" 

I rush down and pull the knife out of him as he groans. "Elena!" I shout and soon, she's giving me a dish towel to stop the bleeding. 

I snatch it from her "Call an ambulance!" Her shaking hands dial 911 and she shouts in panic "Hi, I-I need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street"

John places a bloody hand over mine as his eyes widen and he finds his voice "Behind you..."

I turn behind and all I see is Elena putting down the phone. "What?" she asks, not really hearing what he muttered "Behind you!"

I turn again but all I hear is a swish. 

Someone's in here, taunting and waiting for a stupid move. I pull Elena down and shush her. I round my finger in a circle, indicating her that someone's around. I motion for her to stay here and grab the bloody knife. 

Concentrating on the vampire around, I hear a swish in the hallway and I speed there.

The next time he whooshes around me, I grab the throat by a strong hand. Turns out, it's a she.

She's my height and puts up a good fight and squirms. Her back is to me, but that doesn't stop me from driving the knife into the back of her sternum. She grunts and kicks me in the shins. Before she goes out, her face turns for a second and the next, the door thuds close.

Getting up, my hands topples over a frame on the table and I look at my little brother's face. Dread hits 

"Jeremy!" I race up the stairs to his room. It's locked. I push and push. It doesn't give away. I kick it, finally getting it open to see my unmoving brother "

Jeremy! Jeremy!" I shake him over and in gasps, slap his cheeks with shaky hands "Please, Jeremy, wake up!"

He wakes up with a gasp.

I look at him in entirety. He's not hurt. I put my heart to his chest and listen. His heartbeat is regular. I sigh and close my eyes as I hug him "Thank God".

"Damn it!" he grits as he pushes me off. I fall off from my kneeling position and touch something glass. Frowning, I pick up a vial like thing. It's red rimmed and has some liquid in it 

"Jeremy...?" I warn as he paces.

"Jeremy...." I accuse.

He gets up with a huff "I can't live without her". I get to my own feet and push him back. I look at his eyes and link our fingers and concentrate. No weird feelings.