✔ | 18 - 𝑽𝒊𝒗𝒊 𝑫𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒀𝒆𝒔

𝐕𝐢𝐯𝐢 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐘𝐞𝐬

𝐕𝐢𝐯𝐢 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐘𝐞𝐬

- - -
Love is living in a world without death
Life is nothing without love in your head

Love in Your Head
~The Black Box Revelation
- - -

Katherine Violet Gilbert's life was not very monumental. Not really, but we all know the universe has funny ways of revealing it's antics in the form of Salvatore brothers and new triggering powers. It's been a month since Kat's powers had kicked in. Surprisingly, and not so surprisingly, Damon Salvatore was the one to point out how conveniently close Vicki's death and Kat's powers were. She could hear sounds all around her, see brighter, speed around faster than the brothers. After convincing her sister that she wasn't a vampire, it had taken Kat days of practice to zone out all the unnecessary sounds and get over the death she caused.

Stefan makes a surprisingly effective mental counsellor.

He had helped her deal with all the super-hearing, the super-speed and the magnified guilt while Damon stood on the sidelines as if he were a drunk chaperone.

Presently, Kat enters the Boarding House with a hurried air on her face. "Broody I'm here!" she settles her bags down with a huge smile making her cheeks ache. It's his birthday. It's Stefan's birthday.

She had taken a bit of help from Caroline to keep her head and plan something very special for her vampire friend's birthday. Sure, she might be overstepping. But she had nothing better to do and Stefan's birthday was the best way to keep her powers at bay.

A blonde comes hopping down into the parlor but stops short when she sees her "Huh? Wha... Um, who?"

".... Wonderful to see your feminine form Stefan" Kat raises her eyebrows, taking in the girl's outfit, or lack thereof. She's wet and showered, only a towel wrapped around her. Something hot rockets through Kat's throat, costing her all her resolve to not let it manipulate her into a fit of snarling.

"Uhm...? What?" the new woman blubbers with confusion. Based on her low heartbeat, she was a vampire.

Arriving at the conclusion that Stefan had slept with the blonde, Kat pasted a weak smile, "I'm Kat" She hears water running upstairs, so she thought that the bunny muncher had finally done the impossible- chucked her sister.

"Katherine?" Sexy-Girl-In-A-Towel frowns. Her finger was still hovering in the air as she gawked her eyes off at Kat.

"I'm gonna kill him" Kat rolls her eyes, rushing upstairs into Stefan's room where he stands with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Stefan!"

For a vampire, he sure was oblivious until she barges in. Jumping up, he rushes behind into his bathroom door with a shout, "Vivi! Wha-What are you doing here?"