ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ - 𝑮𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

[Episode 26 - Memory Lane - 3]

Setting her bulky purse down at the cleanest spot of the cell ground, Kat tuts at the old vampire.

"Hello Letty" she smiles relaxedly but tiredly. 

"What's with the Letty?" she kneels down before her, as Stefan takes a break and steps behind.

"Do you want to know? Good... It's good to want things" she smiles. 

It's not been one minute since the girl entered and it's already been a hell of a time. 

"Purse please" the Gilbert twin extends her hand backwards, where Stefan stands with his arms crossed.

"Huh?"

"Purse please" she smiles at him. Stefan looks taken aback at the devilish hint in her forest green eyes. She almost looks like Katherine and that scared him. "Don't worry Stefan" her eyes soften, catching onto his caution "We have some answers to get"

He obliges, ignoring the pointed looks of the oldest doppelganger, and hands her the surprisingly heavy purse. 

"Okay..." Kat nods satisfactorily at the thing in her purse and removes a fat syringe from the leather bag, twirling it in her fingers. Without preamble, she plunges it deep into the heart of the oldest vampire, who grunts under the impact.

"Concentrated vervain. Now...." the Guardian unties the ropes and catches the doppelganger as she falls weakly into her arms, she sets her on the cold stone ground "answer my buddy's questions"

"Or?"

"I can play with your brain" she states "or, better yet, your heart" she digs her fingers into Katherine's chest and gets a groan.

"Kat" Stefan warns. She continues to dig, ignoring his call and he rushes to her, pulling her up "Kat..."

It's like she came out of a trance. The Guardian shakes her head and takes in deep breaths "I'm fine. I'm fine"

"You knew that they were gonna burn the vampires in the church?" Stefan asks, his hands still holding Kat in place.

"I practically lit the match" Katherine looks at the composing Guardian and it seems weird.

"They were your friends, they were your family and you just sold them out" 

"Without blinking" she smirks in answer.

After some more interesting answers from Katherine 1864, Stefan asks "What did George Lockwood get in return? For giving you your freedom" 

"Something he wanted desperately" Katherine says, now a bit more strong.

"So you sent 26 of your friends to their death, just to fake your own?" Stefan's brows furrow and Kat realises the actual catch, frowning at the older vampire "No, you were running from something. What was it?"

"Everyone has a past, Letty. Mine needed to stay far far away but thanks to you" she jerks her head towards Stefan "my plan nearly failed before it even began. Once George told me that the round up was imminent, I made sure I could see you one last time, but your father used your love for me against you, he poisoned your blood. Then Damon being Damon, nearly ruined everything"

"We came for you" Stefan whispers disappointingly "we tried to save you"

"I didn't want to be saved" she states ruthlessly.

"So then Damon and I died for nothing! For nothing!" he rushes up but is now held back by Kat "Stefan no, wait"

"No, Stefan, you died for love..." Katherine blindly states, as if manipulating 2 best friends, brothers, and making them vampires was just for love. No, it was for her amusement, and safety.