ᴛᴇɴ - 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒆 𝑩𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚

[Episode 29 - The Masquerade]

Kat hands her blonde friend a glass filled with blood, which she gratefully accepts with shaking hands. Damon comes in with his bottle of bourbon, keeping it away from Kat "Uh-uh, you're off the hard stuff. You need a clear mind"

She hugs Caroline once more as she explains how Katherine made her next move after one whole day of silence.

"She told me to tell you both" she looks between the Salvatore brothers "that she wants the moonstone or..."

"Or?" Stefan asks

"She'll start mass murders...." Kat provides.

"When is this supposed to happen?"

"....Tonight, at the masquerade ball"

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Ma-..." Stefan hesitates, only to be waved on by Kat "Mason," she gulps "you can say his name"

"Killing Mason threw her off guard"

"She's running scared" Damon cocks his head "What she did with Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks" Damon ironically opens the band-aid on the unhealing injury of the Guardian, checking for any more bleeding or opening stitches. 

"We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her" Stefan insists, and Caroline shivers beside Kat.

"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?"

"No," Damon asserts, once and for all. 

And the doppelbitch's dead-sister's soul-carrier frowns "Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. She doesn't come into my town and make bodies go flying. If anyone's dying, it's her. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball, even if Hell freezes over and I'm gonna kill her, tonight"

"I get to kill her" Damon argues.

"You're not gonna kill her" Stefan stands up, resolution fixing his chiselled jaw.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap" the other brother groans, tired of his baby brother's moral compass.

"You're not gonna kill her" Stefan states again. This time, Kat stands up, band-aid abandoned on the floor. She raises her eyebrows "Really?" No matter if she was Katherine's sister in her last life, she can't let anything happen to anyone human on the ground of Mystic Falls.

Stefan asserts his stance "Because I am"

▹▹▹

Stefan greets Bonnie as she walks in with her grimoire "Hey, you brought the grimoire, thank you"

She glances around the room, taking in the before-spartan-fight mood in the giant parlour. Weapons are on the couches and the tables, even Damon is paying attention to the History teacher as he palms several small stakes.

"What's going on?"

Jeremy comes from upstairs, vervain bottles in his hand "We're gonna kill Katherine"

"I can explain" Stefan steps in front of her, trying to defend those words.

"Please" she hugs the ancient book closer to her.

"We're gonna kill Katherine" Kat smirks.

Unsurprisingly, Bonnie shrugs as if the answer is acceptable, walking down to the living room, where Alaric Saltzman continues with the Buffy's whole series in 5 minutes.

He shows everyone the gun he used on Stefan months ago in his classroom "This works with compressed air. The trigger mechanism is up here" he points and everyone peeps forward "I have two of these in a different size. For you I recommend this" he hands one to Jeremy, who holds it with care and respect "It fits nicely under the jacket sleeve. You use the trigger when you're ready"