ꜰᴏᴜʀ - 𝑷𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓

[Episode 25 - Bad Moon Rising]

Caroline stares at Kat with tears in her eyes "Kat...?" She runs into the arms of the Guardian and sobs wordlessly. Kat hugs her back, running a hand over the distraught blonde's back.

"You could have saved me Kat" she pushes her off, her eyes blaming the Gilbert girl.

"What?" she mutters, staggering back. But she doesn't get an answer right away. Because her question punctuates the thud of Caroline falling to the floor, clutching her throat, gasping and writhing breathlessly. "S-Save me Kat. Please, Sa-" her gasps become more pronounced as she tries to crawl over to the aghast Guardian. "Caroline! What's happening! Caroline breathe! Ca-"

The girl goes limp in Kat's shaking arms, eyes void and unmoving. The Gilbert breathes in pain and shakes her best friend once. Twice. Nothing.

Then, answering her prayers and pleas, the blonde gasps awake, but her eyes now glowing black, a devilish snarl painting the once kind face "Kat"

▹▹▹

Kat jerks awake, taking in panicked breaths. She fumbles about her nightstand for her phone and checks Caroline's messages informing her of her good status - status of the living, how much ever alive that makes her.

"You gotta stop waking me up like that" Damon groans. When the girl doesn't answer, he lifts his head up from the pillow "You okay Kat?"

"Kat?" he crawls over to Kat, worriedly sitting in front of her deeply breathing form "Nightmare?" he asks softly.

The scared girl gulps with a nod. She needed a distraction, the nightmare was something that shook her to the mind and life wasn't going to live itself today. She puts on a smile for the older Salvatore, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and kissing him "Hmm, now that's more like it" he mutters and pulls her onto him as she squeals.

"We could've, slept, at my, house" he says between pecks and almost falls off the far corner of the bed. 

Kat chuckles "I didn't want to be assaulted with sex noises Smoldy"

Stefan and Elena didn't come home that night and instead went to the boarding house after their carnival rendezvous. Precisely the reason why Damon was standing at the closed window sill of the older Gilbert twin's room at 1 am in the morning.

"Next time, we're taking up monopoly first" Damon groans as Kat gets out off him and out of bed, pulling on her oversized shirt over the slip.

"So, where to now?" Kat asks from the bathroom door and Damon winks "How about the tub?"

"I'm talking of the Lockwood problem Damon" she rolls her eyes.

"Okay, okay. I guess it's time to call your step-dad of a History teacher"

▹▹▹

"Thanks for coming, Ric" she invites him into the Boarding House and they enter the parlour to find an anticipating Damon and Stefan and Elena. 

"Can I get you something to drink?" Damon oh-so-kindly offers "Coffee? bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" ,hoping to get in the slightest good graces of Alaric. Well, he was the only one who might have any clue regarding the happenings of Lockwood power.

"Kat mentioned you needed my help" Alaric looks to Stefan, hoping that conversation with him would be less sarcastic.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family" 

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" he looks around and Damon gives the teacher a non-smile "Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might"