✔ | 16 - 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞

- - -
She do anything necessary for him
And I do anything necessary for her

'03 Bonnie & Clyde
~Jay Z
- - -

That evening, at the Salvatore Boarding House

Kat took a deep breath and knocks on the door of the Salvatore Boarding House. The lawns were quiet as death, the only sign of life being the flickering lampposts along the mighty canopied driveway. Her Halloween costume stuck on her like a second skin, but was just as comfortable as she squirmed sheepishly. Her heeled pirate boots made click-clacks on the old brick of the porch as they tapped her foot nervously.

The door opens after another knock, revealing Stefan's dark-clad form, "Viv—" Stefan stops short as he takes in her figure. His entire form was frozen, not one other reaction except his stunned blinking once in every few seconds.

"Hi..." Kat's face loses its nervousness, morphing into a smile, "Can I talk to you? Outside." She tilts her head towards the front lawn where her car was parked. Stefan nods, closing the door behind him.

Once they reach her car, she leans against it with her arms crossed over her chest. She was oddly fidgety, trying not to mutter out the wrong thing tonight. "Um, so I was wondering, if Vicki could come to the Halloween party?"

Well, that's what got out of her mouth anyway. She wanted to talk about many things with Stefan: Elena and... yeah, Elena. Kat was irritated at seeing Elena treat Stefan's nature as if it was a disease, breaking up with him every time she was scared. Kat was there to put them back together every time.

The first time, Kat did it because she thought Elena deserved someone to have her back after all they both had been through the past summer. But she didn't think she would have to be a permanent fixture for Elena to even act normally with him.

She actually came here to get it over with. Kat wanted to let her feelings become clear. She never had to do it before, all the boys just threw themselves at her for years. But she never had such strong feelings as she experienced for Stefan.

Caroline was right, Kat deserved to be liked by someone like Stefan.

But does Stefan like her the same way? From the moment he stepped into school, he had eyes only for Elena. What if Kat's confession ruined all the friendship they had built till now?

Kat was still unsure till she knocked on his door but the moment she saw him, she had decided.

She would never confess.