✔ | 23 - 𝑺𝒎𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒚

𝐒𝐦𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐲

𝐒𝐦𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐲

- - -
So take a step back will you
Be alright feel alright?

Houses
~Northern lights
- - -

Girl's nights were something very sacred to Kat Gilbert. It was a license for everything go right, friends to make up and all boy drama to be resolved over pizza and ice cream. Lately, no one had brought up their monthly girl's night with everything that changed.

Elena was no more settling for high school gossip when she had seen far more supernatural elements. Bonnie was pulling away more and more as days went by. Kat was hiding a lot of secrets: the dark reality of her friendship with Stefan, Damon's cruel deeds, what she herself was becoming.

Yet, Caroline and Kat were the only ones excited to get old traditions back into running. Until...

"You gotta be kidding me" Kat groaned.

She was minding her own business, balancing three bags of snacks and ice cream in her arms when she saw Damon slip into the Mystic Grill. Usually, she would have thanked her stars that the elder Salvatore wasn't going to be anywhere near her group of friends for the night. And that would've been the case too, if only Jenna and Jeremy hadn't just gone into the Grill before Damon.

Two of the people that she cared about and they were in the same room with the least caring vampire.

Kat's fingers slipped at supernatural speed, dialing Stefan. The line rang and rang, but no one picked up.

Cursing, the next call she made was to her sister. Elena picked up at the first ring, immediately launching into a harried explanation. "Hey Kat... I called Stefan here to the house to talk about what happened to Bonnie this afternoon."

"Well," Kat took a deep breath at the mention of Stefan, "Did he answer you? 'Cause my calls went straight to voicemail for the—"

"Yeah he's here."

Kat almost dropped the ice cream cartons on the pavement when her sister spoke. Stefan was at her house? Willingly? And that too when Kat wasn't there...

She felt a myriad of feelings burn in her. Sadness, anger, jealousy, pride. Kat had been running her throat dry begging him to return to the normal, leaving voicemails till Jenna had to recharge her minutes twice in three days. But one call from Elena and pretty boy came a-runnin'.

"Well glad to see you respond to my sister Stefan..." Kat snapped.

After one entire week, Kat had heard a semblance of sound from Stefan. His voice crackled to her over the line, "Viv, now's not the—"