ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑨𝒕 𝑴𝒆

[Episode 17 - Let the Right One In - 1]

"I say we go to Pearl's" Damon plans proudly "-bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night-" 

I snort at that foolhardy plan as Stefan sasses "Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, Oops. Sorry? "

Elena shakes her head, pacing the room with a frown "I can't believe you made a deal with her..." Damon looks to my sister and to me. I saw what Pearl did to Damon and Damon, for some reason, is desperate to get to the vampire-bitch-ex. I raise my eyebrows to see what kind of explanation he'll give to my sister.

"It was more like a... Helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary" he raises his eyebrows, making his fear seem like nothing "Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back-" Elena looks at him as if he's lost his marbles. 

I don't blame her.

"Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process..."

Damon frowns as he dusts his fingers off "You don't have to be snarky about it..." 

I see that he's hurt by what Elena said, but she's cranky because she doesn't exactly believe Stefan and I can save her and still stay safe ourselves. I intervene before Damon gets upset, or worse - angry "She woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. She's kinda earned snarky" I point out.

"How long are you gonna blame me to turn your birth mother into a vampire?" He asks us both in general. 

I answer truthfully "I'm not blaming, I got over it". 

And really, I am not angry at him for that. He turned Isobel because she begged him to, what I cannot understand is, why she would wish that on herself. And she cheated on Alaric, who still might or might not be my father. 

Am I upset? Yes. 

Am I blaming him for that? Not anymore. 

And it's very weird to know that your birth mother slept with your frenemy.

But, Elena goes the low way "I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities..."

Damon gives me an eyebrow-raise as he leaves the room. Stefan gets up and hugs Elena, holding her head close to his heart as she murmurs over his clavicle "I'm sorry. He just makes me so cranky..."

"He makes everybody cranky... It's okay"

"So, what are we going to do?" I get down to business. Stefan and Elena sit on the couch together as if to say 'couple goals on d-day

"Damon and I are gonna handle everything, I promise

"Well, what about me?" I frown.

"You are staying home, with your very concerned siste-"

"A sister who will well be in the safe confines of her house, or Caroline's. I'm a Guardian. It's my job to kill such vindictive assholes. So, either, we three go, or I go alone and get shit done" I state firmly. Stefan sighs and finally gives in with his hands raised.

"What about me? I can't just sit here and do nothing..."

"That's exactly what you're gonna do, because that's what going to keep you safe." I scold.

"Which means nothing if you're not safe, too!"

"What do you mean? We'll be perfectly safe. We have Damon, the self-serving psychopath on our side!" I mock and Elena's lips purse "Well, that's comforting..."