ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx - 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕

[Episode 40 - Klaus - 1]

I wake up to see Stefan sleeping in the armchair before. Dang, I think to myself, I always wanted such a scene in my life! But then all the things of yesterday night flash by me. Taking in a shaky breath, I tip-toe out of the room, and check damon's.

Someone should tell him he drools. Rolling my eyes, I speed downstairs as I palm the vial of important blood in my fist.

No one else is home. Good.

I go down into the cellar where the first cell houses the one vampire I needed right now. 

Elijah Mikaelson, the suit-wearing Original, lies desiccated on the musty floor - his clothes burnt because of Damon's flamethrower experiments and the dagger jutting out noticeably from his chest.

I sit down beside him, opening the vial again, I dip it over my finger to drop the blood over them while I take hold of Elijah's dry ones in my other hand. "Phesmatos tribum nas ex viras vinculo mortis" I keep chanting and watch as a part of the red liquid evaporate into the air, leaving behind dark blood.

Scrunching my nose up, I gulp down the filtered blood.

"Let's do this" I sigh. 

And pull out the dagger from my ex-husband's chest.

▹▹▹

I'm not an easily terrified person by nature, but even I have my moments. 

Wondering why I'm justifying myself? Blame Elijah and his gasping entry into the land of the dead-living.

I jump from my knees as his widely opened eyes glare at me in breathless betrayal "Letta!"

"Hey hey!" I hold him by the shoulders with guilty eyes "It's alright, I wasn't the one who daggered you! Elena! It was Elena!"

"I can't-I can't breathe!" he gasps "What's happening to me?"

"Oh my God, you're not invited in..." I breathe in and out - shallow breaths matching with Elijah's. "Then get me out of here!" he rushes, right into a wall and slides against it, finally speeding out.

I rush after him, upstairs and find him recovering breath outside the threshold "What happened?"

"Shh!" I widen my eyes in warning as I point upstairs "I'll tell you. Not here"

He glares at me "Can I trust you?"

I sigh, stepping out and handing him the dagger "I wasn't the one who daggered you. Elena was...

He hesitates, but takes my peace offering.

▹▹▹

I floor my car away from the boarding house into the forest when Elijah starts questioning me

"Where did you get the dagger?"

I roll my eyes "I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word"

"Your sister has manipulated me enough" he states blandly "Your ability to make demands has long passed"

"Look" I sigh at my fate "No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours"

"And why should I even consider this?"

"Elijah..." I stop the car and gaze at him with a knowing look "I got my memories back, I remember everything"

Silence rings through the air until my phone rings.

Stefan calling...

"Hey Stefan"