ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝑰𝒕 𝑯𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒀𝒐𝒖

[Episode 20 - Blood Brothers]

"We don't have long" Stefan drags out Katherine.

"Katherine. Katherine!"

Damon and Stefan lift Katherine out of the carriage. They untie her and take off the muzzle that covers her mouth. She whimpers and slumps down in their arms with a grunt.

"We're going to get you out of here" Stefan coos to her "Damon, hurry. Hurr-"

A gunshot reverberates through the tense air and Damon falls down with a groan, indicating his life leaving his body. Stefan rushes over to him with a scream as he crouches over the corpse of his brother. They may have had their differences but he loved him and Katherine with all his heart.

"No! No. Damon!"

Men's voices drift through the almost abandoned space in the wood "Come on. Let's go"

He hears a gun loading behind him and picks up a weapon to avenge his brother's death. He runs but before he can lift another step, a loud sound is followed by his groaning. He looks down to his bloody shirt and the blood near his heart. He gasps for breath as he falls down between his brother and a struggling Katherine.

There are tears in her eyes as she gives up, lays her head on the ground with a sad smile, whispering her last words to him "I love you Stefan".

My eyes fly open and I look around in confusion for a few seconds. Then I see Elena looking into the cell from the bars. 

Stefan. 

Damon puts a hand on her shoulder and leads her out of the gloomy place. While going, he throws me a look "Come on up, it's been awhile" I sigh and dust off the feeling of guilt from the vision, but I feel it remaining abstinent, refusing leave the pit of my consciousness.

We all sit in the parlour, Elena's packing up our stuff while I snatch a drink from Damon's bottle. My sister raises an eye at me but I just shrug. 

Drinking helps, according to Damon. The anger, was directed before, at vampires. But now, it's worse, it's undirected, which means that I feel angry at everything and anything. And my powers keep exploding. I'm skipping school since the past three days and told Jenna that I'm staying at Damon's. Don't ask me what I had to do to make her agree.

"It's so hard to see him locked up like this" Elena sighs as she throws me my jacket.

"You're the one who wanted him locked up" Damon takes another sip.

"You helped" she retorts.

"I couldn't have him running around chewing on people. While the town was looking for vampires, now, could I?" 

"It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?" Elena asks with a raised eyebrow. Good luck getting that out of him sister.

"Your thing, not mine" he gets up and offers me his glass, I wave it off and he sits on the opposite couch, palming the Gilbert invention that Pearl gave to him as an 'apology'.

"Did you ever figure out what that is?" I ask. "Nope. Whatever it is, it doesn't work"

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" Elena asks as she leans against the wall.

"She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but that was a pocket watch. That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist. Have you spoken to your uncle lately?"

"I've been avoiding him, actually. That, and we've been here most nights... Can't have his heart ripped out without the ring now, can we?" I give a hint to Damon. He's the only one who knows. I didn't even tell Elena or Alaric, because, well, one problem at a time.