ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ - 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔

[Episode 34 - The Descent]

"I don't care Caroline, I'm not coming to the barbecue... Jus-" I sigh "-take care of it alright? You can do it, whatever, bye" I purse my lips, dropping the phone from between my cheek and my shoulder, while taking a blood bag.

Jules, the new werewolf in town took advantage of the full moon yesterday. Her ambush in the very Salvatore house led to Rose-Marie sitting in the parlour, face down on the couch with a werewolf bite on the back.

"I was born in 1450" the hurt vampire starts, tone lower and more forced "....that makes me 560 years old"

"Well, if you were a bottle of wine..." Damon rolls his eyes, taking the blood bag from my hands.

"So I can die. I've lived long enough" she smiles at me. The smile strikes something in me - a friend coming back from the pits of my memory. 

I frown sadly, shaking my head. Kneeling beside the couch, running a hand over her friend's hair, I assure "No one's dying Marie..."

"You know," Damon pouts, completely trying to hide how he was feeling "-if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery"

He pours blood from the bag into a glass. I look back to Rose, helping her sit up "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite"

"Just a little, fatal to a vampire werewolf bite" the dying vampire cracks a small smile.

"Well, according to a legend which is a very unreliable source" I defend. 

"Drink up." Damon orders "Blood heals"

"Yeah," Rose licks and smacks her lips for his sake "...it does feel like it's working"

"Let's have a look, come on. Let me see" I gently lift the shirt up her back to see black poisoned veins painting snakes all over back, originating from the chomp of the werewolf.

"How is it?"

I place a Guardian hand above the wound, mentally chanting Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala. We see the veins go back a bit but the next time I look at the wound, it's just as it was a second ago.

Damon and I share a serious look. I thought there would be some way to save Marie, but the wound just keeps fighting it's way up.

"Definitely...better. Right, Elena?" Damon looks up, causing attention to go onto the younger Gilbert who just descended the stairs.

"Um, it's not bad" her eyebrows shoot up to her temples as she looks worriedly between Damon and me.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon covers up the wound. I glare at him and then at Elena, showing a quick finger motioning them out. 

They go, leaving us alone in the room. She looks at me with a tiny sad smile, her eyes making me remember things that she trusted her with.

"I remember things" I whisper over her shoulder " And I'll try to make it hurt less okay? Marie?"

She smiles brightly "You used to call me that...."

"Well..." I smile "Then I'll call you that every day"

She scoffs, simply closing her eyes. I take hold of her shaking hand "Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala, Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala.... Better?"

"....Elena could play nurse for a little while..." Damon renenters.

"It's not necessary" Rose gets up with a sigh.