ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ - 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒅

[Episode 17 - Let the Right One In - 2]

I hang from the ceiling by vervain ropes that dig into me. Stefan's hung the same way, but our backs are to each other. My hands burn from the sting of fresh vervain and I sigh.

"We have a guest you might want to see Katherine" the vampire, whom I know to be Frederick, states smugly to me. Holding a syringe of very familiar light greenish liquid, he plunges it into my chest, taking sadistic interest in watching me grunt and groan.

Everything begins to go blurry when two strong arms drag me out from the basement into a room. I take in a breath and realise there's someone standing at the door. Stefan grunts with every step taken and I do the same. I don't feel very hot.

"Never let this bad man in" I hear Frederick command. A lady steps in front of us and repeats in a happy monotone "I'll never let him in"

 "Damon?" I ask with half-drooped lids and he bangs on the wooden threshold, helpless and for the first time I've seen him, fierce protection running through his eyes

"145 years left starving in a tomb" Frederick picks a stray lock of hair and pins it behind my ear, sending a shiver through me 

"-all thanks to this bitch's infatuation with you and your brother. First few weeks, every single nerve in your body screams with fire. The kind of pain that can drive a person mad. Well...I thought your brother might want to get a taste of that before I killed him. Billy." he snaps his fingers and someone twists a hot fire poker into my stomach.

I screech in pain, writhing in their arms with curses. Damon shouts louder, swearing to end them all if they touch a single hair on either of us.

Billy stabs Stefan with a stake and I struggle harder "No!"

"You have a nice day" Frederick chuckles and pushes me to the ground with a thud. I shake with anger and pain as I'm thrown over a shoulder and taken into darkness.

▹▹▹

Another slush of cut flesh rings through the room behind me as I cringe under Stefan's screams. Every time I shake the ropes, they become tighter and tighter, burning off my skin. I can't even see him.

Fred goes out and comes in triumphantly with an eye-dropper.

He looks to me with angry devilish eyes "So, Katherine? How fast would it kill you if Stefan here, dies because he loved you?"

"I. am. NOT Katherine Pierce! Leave us alone! At least set him free" I beg. 

He chuckles and turns to a gasping Stefan "Now you'll know" 

Stefan groans in agony and I hear sizzles.

Vervain.

Stefan screams and I offer our captor something he was waiting for "Me! Torture me! You know you want to. Frederick!" I shout.

The vampire stalks towards me when a man comes rushing by "This isn't right!"

"She killed Beth-Anne. One of us, Harper!" Frederick angrily points to me "And don't you think for a second she wouldn't kill you if she had the chance. Pearl says we're not here for revenge, right? I say that's exactly what we're here for. Starting with this..." he tears off my tattered shirt, leaving me in a bra as he pushes a piece of ragged wood through my right shoulder. 

I scream in pain as the wound doesn't heal. Harper intervenes again, casting a look of pity towards me "This isn't right!" he protests and comes forward to untie me. Fred pushes him down "Tie him up! And then stake him down!"