Chapter 15 Explanation and Tragedy

Steven's Pov
I looked at them with an tearful expression.
-Mom was here...she gave me this...

I said softly, my voice filled with sadness and muffled sniffles, as I was of the verge of crying even more right then and there. I rubbed my face from the tears with the end of my sleeve. Trying to compose myself.

I reached out the black diamond towards the gems, making them be able to see the black gem in my hand.

No sounds were made by the gems, not even a single word. I looked up from the wooden floor and they looked shocked, as if they had seen a ghost.

Amethyst finally snapped out of it as she shook her head, trying to get herself back to reality.
-Haha Steven, you can be so funny sometimes.

Amethyst said with an nervous voice, thinking I was playing some sort of prank on them.
-Rose wouldn't just come back from nowhere and there isn't a fifth  diamond.
Right? Right you guys?....

Amethyst said once again, trying to cheer the mood up. But the other two gems were quite, knowing of something they wished would never be brought up ever again.
-Pearl... Garnet....

Amethyst said quietly with an worried expression on her face.
I gulped and looked sadly at the wooden floor.
-I'm not joking Ame....
When I was heard her voice, mom's voice, I knew it was her, and this diamond. It isn't fake, I just can feel it in my stomach.

I said, stating what I had saw and held in my hand was real. Her eyes widened and turned her head towards Pearl, but when she did, Pearl hugged her own frame feeling guilty of something, or for someone.

Garnet finally decided to snap out of it as well, as she began walking up to me. She bent down on her knees in front of me to get on the same level I was. She then took of her sunglasses staring right into my eyes with her three eyes.
-Steven, may I ask you where you found this.

Garnet said with an serious voice and gaze. I nervously brought my gaze upon the white door with the gem symbols and pointed towards it with my free hand.
-In there, in a black room.

I said truthfully as I didn't want to lie towards the fusion. She sighed softly as she wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug.
-I knew you would find out eventually, but not now, I'm so sorry for not telling you about this, it wasn't meant for you to discover.

Garnet said with a sad voice, still holding me in a warm comforting hug. Pearl slowly walked towards us as she had an ashamed expression on her face.
-We didn't mean to hide anything from you Steven. You are just to young to handle this. It's to much for someone to handle, even for a gem.

Pearl said softly in a motherly voice as she looked into my eyes with an sad expression. Garnet let the hug go as she once again stood up, putting back on her glasses on her face. Wiping away a stray tear from her face.
Amethyst glared at Pearl and Garnet the whole time, not speaking a single word.

Then she snapped.
-YOU GUYS KNEW OF THIS!?!
HOW COME YOU NEVER TOLD ME!?

Amethyst said, clearly upset and angry. Garnet walked towards the angry purple gem, putting a hand on her head. Calming the gem.
-We didn't want to hide this from both of you. I promise.

Garnet said calmly with her original resting face.
-Rose wanted us to never speak of this ever again, we couldn't just disobey her orders.

Pearl said, defending both of their rights and history. I walked towards them, wrapping them in a group hug.
-I forgive you, but please, never hide things like this from me ever again.
We should be able to trust each other and help each other out when we need it.