Chapter 25 Homeworld Part 3

Black Diamond's Pov
We picked up our pace and ran towards the pillar building that was before us as it inched closer with each step we took.

It took a while to get to our destination but now, we were finally there. We stopped a couple of meters away from the pillar building as it was towering over us with great height. While all of us stood still in our positions, not breaking a sweat, poor Steven was completely beat as he was trying to control his breathing.

Pearl walked over towards the control panel beside the big doors. Pressing a couple of buttons while having her focus on the door.

When she was done typing in the numbers, the control panel made a beep sound but the door didn't budge. Pearl looked down at the control panel with an confused expression on her face. She began pressing the numbers once again but it only resulted like the first time, a loud beep as the door didn't move a single millimeter.

She turned her head towards us with an disappointed and confused expression.
-The door won't open, I don't know what's wrong. I-it should've opened the first time.

Pearl said nervously as her eyes were glued on us. I gave the building before us a glance, trying to come up with a solution.
-Don't worry, we will figure out what's wrong.

I said as I was trying to get Pearl to relax from the situation. She gave me an stressed glare before giving me an uncertain nod.
-Maybe they changed the code.

Steven chimed in as he looked at Pearl.
-Maybe....

Pearl answered thoughtfully, her eyes glaring back towards the huge doors.
-But why would they change it when no one ever enters the place, it's pretty much abandoned.

Lapis mumbled her thoughts out loud as she walked up towards the locked doors to inspect it at an closer distance. Her eyes widened as her eyes locked with something that was on the ground.
-It seems like someone have been entering the building quite often, which can be noticed by the scratch marks the doors has made in the ground. They look to have been made presently.

Lapis said as she crouched down to the marks and brushed them with her fingers, trying to get out more clues from the markings on the solid ground. We walked up towards the crouching blue gem and looked at the said markings.
-You are right, they look as if this person have been entering this place repeatedly in a long time.
But why would a gem be entering this place, I don't thing they would get alot of use by entering the building so many times, what could they be up to?

Pearl said curiously as she had an confused expression on her face while tapping her chin in thought.
-Hmmm, that's true, I don't think anyone would get any good information here, and I don't think a gem of Homeworld would ever dare enter the place because of all the strict rules.

Pearl said, her mind filled with questions that wanted to be answered.
-But we can't think about this now, we have our own things to get done first.

Pearl continued, her gaze wandering upon the three of us.
-Yes, I know. How about we split up for a bit. I want to see if there is anymore openings on the building to get inside. While I do that, you three can try to crack out the code. That way, we will get a better chance to get inside with minimum risk of any of us being caught.

I said, explaining my idea towards them. They looked at each other for a few seconds before noding, then they went back to stare at me.
-How much I hate for us to split up right at this moment, even so, that would surely give us a higher possibility to actually get inside.

Pearl said as she thought out the idea I had requested to them.
-Alright, then I will be going now as I don't want us to waste any unnecessary time by just standing still  doing nothing.